In This Section
- 135th AES Convention Hits A Five-Year High
- Convention takes a bite out of the Big Apple and reminds the industry that “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES”
- AES 2013 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2013 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 12th
- Recordings from AES Rome Jazz Concert Now Available
- Listen to the Greg Burk Jazz Trio in ImmersAV
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Les Paul (018)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount. Certain titles are also available as downloadable MPEG-4 video files.
AES Oral History 018: Les Paul. (1915-2009) Born Lester William Polsfuss on June 9, 1915, Les was an award-winning guitarist and inventor. He was a pioneer in the development of the solid-body electric guitar, which became the sound of rock and roll. His many recording innovations include multitrack recording, along with overdubbing "sound on sound", tape delay, and phasing. He is considered by both seasoned rock artists and engineers to be one of the greatest influences in our crafts due to his inventions, longevity and guitar innovations. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:47:03) Interview Date: 2002-03-16
Also available as a downloadable MPEG-4 video file! (1.0 GB)
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!