In This Section
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
- Binaural Listening Trends Tracked at 140th International Audio Engineering Society Convention
- An ever-expanding aspect of present-day audio
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Les Paul (018)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
AES Oral History 018: Les Paul. (1915-2009) Born Lester William Polsfuss on June 9, 1915, Les was an award-winning guitarist and inventor. He was a pioneer in the development of the solid-body electric guitar, which became the sound of rock and roll. His many recording innovations include multitrack recording, along with overdubbing "sound on sound", tape delay, and phasing. He is considered by both seasoned rock artists and engineers to be one of the greatest influences in our crafts due to his inventions, longevity and guitar innovations. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:47:03) Interview Date: 2002-03-16
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!