In This Section
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Les Paul (018)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
AES Oral History 018: Les Paul. (1915-2009) Born Lester William Polsfuss on June 9, 1915, Les was an award-winning guitarist and inventor. He was a pioneer in the development of the solid-body electric guitar, which became the sound of rock and roll. His many recording innovations include multitrack recording, along with overdubbing "sound on sound", tape delay, and phasing. He is considered by both seasoned rock artists and engineers to be one of the greatest influences in our crafts due to his inventions, longevity and guitar innovations. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:47:03) Interview Date: 2002-03-16
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!