In This Section
- Graham Blyth Celebrates 20 years of Organ Concerts at AES 135
- Audio and Video Downloads Now Available
- Berlin Convention Registration Now Open!
- Mobile App is Also Ready to Download
- Call for Nominations Deadline Approaching
- Deadline is February 17th
- 135th AES Convention Hits A Five-Year High
- Convention takes a bite out of the Big Apple and reminds the industry that “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES”
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Kees A.S. Immink (016)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount. Certain titles are also available as downloadable MPEG-4 video files.
Kees A.S. Immink
AES Oral History 016: Kees A.S. Immink. Kornelis Antonie (Kees) Schouhamer Immink was born in Rotterdam, Holland and is known as the "Father of the CD." A scientist, inventor, and entrepreneur, who pioneered and advanced the era of digital audio, video, and data recording including the CD, DVD and Blu-Ray Disc. The owner of over 1,100 patents, Immink received the Edison Medal for a career of creative contributions to the technologies of digital video, audio, and data recording, an individual Technology Emmy award and Beatrix, Queen of the Netherlands bestowed him a knighthood in 2000. The author of over 120 articles and four books including Codes for Mass Data Storage Media, he has been an adjunct professor at the Institute for Experimental Mathematics, University of Duisburg and Essen, Germany, since 1994, as well as affiliated with the National University of Singapore (NUS) as a visiting professor since 1997. Interviewed by Hans Lauterslager. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (51:06) Interview Date: 2001-05-15
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!