In This Section
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Kees A.S. Immink (016)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount. Certain titles are also available as downloadable MPEG-4 video files.
Kees A.S. Immink
AES Oral History 016: Kees A.S. Immink. Kornelis Antonie (Kees) Schouhamer Immink was born in Rotterdam, Holland and is known as the "Father of the CD." A scientist, inventor, and entrepreneur, who pioneered and advanced the era of digital audio, video, and data recording including the CD, DVD and Blu-Ray Disc. The owner of over 1,100 patents, Immink received the Edison Medal for a career of creative contributions to the technologies of digital video, audio, and data recording, an individual Technology Emmy award and Beatrix, Queen of the Netherlands bestowed him a knighthood in 2000. The author of over 120 articles and four books including Codes for Mass Data Storage Media, he has been an adjunct professor at the Institute for Experimental Mathematics, University of Duisburg and Essen, Germany, since 1994, as well as affiliated with the National University of Singapore (NUS) as a visiting professor since 1997. Interviewed by Hans Lauterslager. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (51:06) Interview Date: 2001-05-15
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!