In This Section
- Early Registration Pricing for AES Paris Convention Extended to May 26 — Expanded Exhibits Hall and Tech Program Offerings for Free and Premium Badges
- Early Registration Pricing for AES Paris Convention Extended to May 26
- AES to Hold First International Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality – Paper Proposal Deadline Extended to May 23rd
- Conference to focus on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Kees A.S. Immink (016)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
Kees A.S. Immink
AES Oral History 016: Kees A.S. Immink. Kornelis Antonie (Kees) Schouhamer Immink was born in Rotterdam, Holland and is known as the "Father of the CD." A scientist, inventor, and entrepreneur, who pioneered and advanced the era of digital audio, video, and data recording including the CD, DVD and Blu-Ray Disc. The owner of over 1,100 patents, Immink received the Edison Medal for a career of creative contributions to the technologies of digital video, audio, and data recording, an individual Technology Emmy award and Beatrix, Queen of the Netherlands bestowed him a knighthood in 2000. The author of over 120 articles and four books including Codes for Mass Data Storage Media, he has been an adjunct professor at the Institute for Experimental Mathematics, University of Duisburg and Essen, Germany, since 1994, as well as affiliated with the National University of Singapore (NUS) as a visiting professor since 1997. Interviewed by Hans Lauterslager. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (51:06) Interview Date: 2001-05-15
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!