In This Section
- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Kees A.S. Immink (016)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
Kees A.S. Immink
AES Oral History 016: Kees A.S. Immink. Kornelis Antonie (Kees) Schouhamer Immink was born in Rotterdam, Holland and is known as the "Father of the CD." A scientist, inventor, and entrepreneur, who pioneered and advanced the era of digital audio, video, and data recording including the CD, DVD and Blu-Ray Disc. The owner of over 1,100 patents, Immink received the Edison Medal for a career of creative contributions to the technologies of digital video, audio, and data recording, an individual Technology Emmy award and Beatrix, Queen of the Netherlands bestowed him a knighthood in 2000. The author of over 120 articles and four books including Codes for Mass Data Storage Media, he has been an adjunct professor at the Institute for Experimental Mathematics, University of Duisburg and Essen, Germany, since 1994, as well as affiliated with the National University of Singapore (NUS) as a visiting professor since 1997. Interviewed by Hans Lauterslager. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (51:06) Interview Date: 2001-05-15
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!