In This Section
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: David Blackmer (008)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
AES Oral History 008: David Blackmer. (1927-2002) David Blackmer founded dbx, Inc. in 1971 to produce his famous dbx expansion-compression noise reduction products. His high-performance VCAs and RMS detectors were used in many automated consoles. He also was a pioneer in reducing distortion and extending frequency response of analog electronics. He studied electronics in the US Navy, Harvard University, and MIT. Blackmer's career included work at Trans-Radio Recording Studio, Epsco, Hi-Con Eastern, Raytheon and the Mercury space program. Blackmer's lifelong passion was to improve the quality of audio equipment until it approached the sound of the original. Blackmer was made an AES fellow in 1976. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (30:11) Interview Date: 1999-09-25
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!