In This Section
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
- Binaural Listening Trends Tracked at 140th International Audio Engineering Society Convention
- An ever-expanding aspect of present-day audio
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: David Blackmer (008)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
AES Oral History 008: David Blackmer. (1927-2002) David Blackmer founded dbx, Inc. in 1971 to produce his famous dbx expansion-compression noise reduction products. His high-performance VCAs and RMS detectors were used in many automated consoles. He also was a pioneer in reducing distortion and extending frequency response of analog electronics. He studied electronics in the US Navy, Harvard University, and MIT. Blackmer's career included work at Trans-Radio Recording Studio, Epsco, Hi-Con Eastern, Raytheon and the Mercury space program. Blackmer's lifelong passion was to improve the quality of audio equipment until it approached the sound of the original. Blackmer was made an AES fellow in 1976. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (30:11) Interview Date: 1999-09-25
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!