AES New York 2018
Live Production Stage
With the Live Production Stage, the 145th Convention offers expert advice for the broad spectrum of live sound engineers (some 25% of Convention attendees) with an emphasis on the practical, bringing professionals with decades of experience to the stage to inspire and educate attendees.
The AES Conventions are incubators for live sound technology. From early loudspeaker design to line array theory, from performance measurement standards to networked audio interoperability, AES has brought together professionals on the leading edge of theory and application since the Society's inception. That tradition continues, with content available to all attendees, with the Live Production Stage.
The Live Production Stage will be located on the show floor next to the exhibits. It is open to the public and is free if you register in advance with a promo code. Additionally, four packed days of Sound Reinforcement sessions, research paper presentations, tutorials and workshops are available if you upgrade to an All Access badge for the Convention Technical Program.
PRELIMINARY TOPICS (subject to change)
Live Production Stage:
- Audio Networking in Production
- Sports Broadcasting: The Critical Audio Element
- Mixing for Live Broadcast Events: No pressure then...
- Music Mixing for Broadcast - Lawo
- Audio over IP (AoIP): Primer - TSL Products
- Production for Broadcasting the Grammy Awards with Glenn Lorbecki
- Wireless Issues for Live Theater: Broadway & Beyond - Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, Shure & T-Mobile
- Hiding the Mic: Microphones for the Theater Performer - DPA
- Audio Networking for Theater & System Requirements
- Theatrical Sound Design - L-Acoustics
- Breathing New Life Into an Old Space: A Loudspeaker Case Study - d&b Audiotechnik
- Mixing a Musical - Yamaha
- IEM, Stage Monitoring and Hearing Disorders
- The Future of Wireless & RF - Sennheiser, Shure, Lectrosonics & T-Mobile
- Mixing FOH & Monitors: Cohabitation and Co-operation - Yamaha
- Systems for HOW & Fixed Install - L-Acoustics
- Shed & Arena Loudspeakers: Pulling the Big Shows Together - d&b Audiotechnik
This is a preliminary list. Come back soon for more details.