In This Section
Audibility of a CD-Standard A/DA/A Loop Inserted into High-Resolution Audio Playback - September 2007
Sound Board: Food for Thought, Aesthetics in Orchestra Recording - April 2015
Reflecting on Reflections - June 2014
AES Member Profile
Steven Van Dyne
- Recording Industry - Music Recording/Mix Studio
- Recording Industry - Home/Project Studio
- Recording Industry - Post Production
- Recording Industry - Archiving/Restoration
- Recording Industry - Film/Video Sound
- Recording Industry - Location Sound Recording
- Libraries, Governments, Cultural Institutions - Archive/Restoration
- Educational Institutions - Student
- Production Sound Mixer/Sound Recordist
- Recording Engineer
- Re-Recording Mixer
- Sound Designer
Steven Van Dyne is a graduate of Ohio University's Honors Tutorial College, having focused on classical music production. There he wrote an undergraduate thesis under his adviser Kyle P. Snyder (Co-Chair, AES Membership Committee) on the subject of classical location recording.
He found a passion for all things audio at a young age. He loved creating and playing music, constantly tinkered with music and recording gear growing up, and has sought to improve his craft since.
He is currently committed to be an audio engineer for the United States Navy Band. Starting in the Fall of 2015 he will join the U.S. Navy as a Musician First Class, move to Washington D.C., and be assigned as the head engineer for one of the Navy's premiere bands. He will get to work in the exact field he has dreamed of working, and have the time and energy left over to continue serving the AES for years to come.
Besides doing audio work, Steven also enjoys his dog, going to concerts, good food, science fiction, and playing guitar for long hours when life allows for some free time.
AES Member Profiles
If you are an AES member and would like to create your own AES member profile like this one then click here.