In This Section
- Open Control Architecture - Part 3: Protocol for TCP/IP Networks; AES70-3-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Open Control Architecture - Part 2: Class structure; AES70-2-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Open Control Architecture - Part 1: Framework; AES70-1-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Audio-over-IP network interoperability; AES67 revision published
SC-04-01 meeting, Budapest, 2012-04
Report of the meeting of SC-04-01 Working Group on Acoustics and Sound Source Modeling of the SC-04 Subcommittee on Acoustics, held in Budapest, Hungary, 2012-04-26
The meeting was convened by substitute chair B.C. Olson.
The agenda and the report of the previous meeting, held in New York, NY, USA, 2011-10, were accepted as written.
Projects assigned to this group but not mentioned here had no action requested or required - see www.aes.org/standards/meetings/project-status.cfm for details.
AES-X193: Sound source modeling - Array and cluster radiation measurements
W. Ahnert and B. Olson had prepared an updated draft that was discussed at the meeting. A few minor changes in wording are proposed and the revised document will be uploaded by the Standards Secretary. Outstanding issues:
- A new drawing to be provided by Olson;
- Revise clause 4.3 to add Measurement Types A and B;
- Hybrid Array: We need to describe what this is in more clear words or we will need to leave it out;
- In many places we call for a "Unified Data Set" as the desired output. But we do not describe that anywhere. Is it part of AES56? If so, we need to refer to the paragraph. If not described in AES56, should it be, or we should add a description here.
There were no liaison issues.
There were no new projects.
We need an AES Glossary for terms that relate to loudspeakers, perhaps with
pictures. To be discussed with SC-04-03.
The next meeting will be scheduled in conjunction with the AES 133rd Convention in San Francisco, CA, US, October, 2012.