In This Section
- Open Control Architecture - Part 3: Protocol for TCP/IP Networks; AES70-3-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Open Control Architecture - Part 2: Class structure; AES70-2-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Open Control Architecture - Part 1: Framework; AES70-1-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Audio-over-IP network interoperability; AES67 revision published
Comments on DRAFT REVISED AES3-4-xxxx
Comments to date on DRAFT REVISED AES3-4-xxxx, AES standard for digital audio - Digital input-output interfacing - Serial transmission format for two-channel linearly represented digital audio data Part 4: Physical and electrical ,
published 2009-09-30 for comment.
Comment received from P. Waddell, 2009-10-08
Comments on draft AES3 Part 4:
1. Within the body of the document, when referring to another Part of AES3, please capitalize "Part." This is both proper usage (the word is a part of the document title) AND minimizes confusion with the other uses of the word "part" which occur in the documents.
2. Scope: Please consider removing the phrase "... a recommended interface ..." and replacing it by "an interface" now that this document is clearly marked as a Standard. This phrase has resulted in confusion on the part of many readers over the years.
3. For non-numbered "NOTE" words should have a colon following. These are found in Sections 3.1, 3.4, 5.1.3, 5.2, Annex B, C.1.1, C.2.2, C.3.2, C.4.1, D.1, and D.3.1.
4. In Section C.4.1, there is an orphan comma following "XLR"
5. Annex E: If this is a Normative Annex, then it should state some requirements! "Under consideration" does not inform the industry very much. I hope the WG is intended to complete this Annex.
Once again, thanks for your work on this important Standard.
Reply by J. Grant, chair SC-02-02
Dear Mr Waddell,
As chair of SC-02-02, it falls to me to give a formal answer to your comments on draft AES3 Part 4. Referring to your numbered points:
1. We will change "part four" to "Part 4"
2. We will make that change.
3. We format our standards as specified in the IEC Directives Part 2. The IEC formatting does not include colons in this context.
4. We will remove it.
5. The material for this Annex E will come from project AES-X011. Until it is ready, we will change the designation to "informative".
Please reply by the end of the comment period if this reply is not acceptable to you. You may also ask us to consider your comments again for the next revision of the document. You may also appeal our decision to the Standards Secretariat.