The AGOTTVS group has requested that the AES Standards Committee consider elevation of TD1006: Loudness Guidelines for OTT and OVD Content (Oct 2017) to an AES Standard, Recommended Practice.
This work has been assigned to the Task Group SC-02-12-P led by Jim Starzynski. The new document scope is:
This AES document addresses OTT and OVD Loudness challenges by leveraging already established Over-the-Air Television practices, providing new guidelines focused on the Loudness and Content Dynamic Range for connected set-top and mobile devices. When followed, these guidelines will:
· Provide consistent Loudness across different Programs, service providers and advertising Content
· Provide appropriate playback Loudness Range for different devices and listening conditions
· Prevent excessive Peak Limiting or other processing from degrading the audio quality
· Preserve the artistic intent of wide Content Dynamic Range (movies, drama, live music)
· Improve the listening experience
Interested parties are invited to download the original Technical Council document, review it and send their comments to the Task Group chair. Interested individuals are also encouraged to participate in the groups work.
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2017
« AES Call for Comments on Technical… | Main | AES Call for Comments on Technical… »