AES E-News: March 20 – 136th Convention, 137th Convention, Call for Special Issue of AES Journal, Job Board, March Journal
Table of Contents
- 136th Convention (Berlin)
- 137th Convention (Los Angeles)
- Call for Special Issue of AES Journal
- Job Board Update
- AES Journal March Issue
AES 136th Convention
Location: Estrel Hotel and Convention Center, Berlin, Germany
Dates: April 26–29, 2014
The calendar for the upcoming Berlin convention is now live, and you can register for a free Exhibits Plus badge that gets you into the exhibits as well as the Special Events and Project Studio Expo. An All Access badge will get you into the full technical program.
The Project Studio Expo (PSE) brings the latest techniques, tools, and experts together for professional training on topics ranging from acoustics in small spaces to microphone placement, mixing, and working in today's music business. Presenters include some of the top educators and Grammy nominees/winners in the recording business, here to help you push your career to its next level.
Make sure to book your hotel in good time, and download the mobile app to keep track of everything that's going on at the convention.
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/events/136/
AES 137th Convention
Location: Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Dates: October 9–12, 2014
The AES returns to Los Angeles in October for the world's premiere audio gathering. This is going to be a milestone convention, so save the date and join your colleagues! The Call for Papers for this meeting is open, and there's plenty of time to submit your contribution.
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/events/137/
The Journal is planning a Special Issue on Sound Field Control, following the success of the 52nd Conference last year. Guest Editors, Jung-Woo Choi and Russell Mason, are soliciting contributions on both engineering and perceptual aspects of this rapidly developing field. A Call for Papers is published in this month's issue.
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/journal/pdfs/2014/CfP_SFC_2014.pdf
The AES Job Board is where audio companies post their latest job openings. As an AES
member you receive notifications of the most recent postings here:
- iOS Applications Developer - London, UK (2014-2-14)
- Senior Android Software Developer - Encino, CA, USA (2014-2-24)
- Software Quality Assurance Technician - Encino, CA, USA (2014-2-24)
- Audio and Information Technology Coordinator - Danbury, CT, USA (2014-2-24)
- Software Engineer Intern - Cambridge, MA, USA (2014-2-27)
- Software Engineer in Test - Cambridge, MA, USA (2014-2-27)
- Electronics Engineer (audio) - Rayleigh, Essex, UK (2014-2-27)
- Software Development Engineer - Rayleigh, Essex, UK (2014-2-27)
- Acoustic Design Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI, USA (2014-3-12)
- Audio Researcher - ANC - Auburn Hills, MI, USA (2014-3-12)
- Audio Researcher - Codecs - Auburn Hills, MI, USA (2014-3-12)
- Audio DSP Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI, USA (2014-3-12)
- Audio Validation Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI, USA (2014-3-12)
- Senior Product Manager, Hardware - Cambridge, MA, USA (2014-3-12)
- Research and Development Intern - San Francisco, CA, USA (2014-3-17)
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/jobs/
This month's issue includes:
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/journal/
Listen to the Journal Podcast: http://www.aes.org/podcasts/
Join the online discussion of Journal papers and articles!