In This Section
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
H K Thiele Archive Report, 2003-03-03
To my greatest regret I shall not attend the Amsterdam Convention.
As I told you some months ago, I have had a lot of troubles to install a data base that will fit all of the requirements for the H. K. Thiele Archive. After an "ACCESS" data base seemed not to be the right choice, I decided to try "mySQL". Since I am not a perfect programmer or even a specialist in computer use, I asked two students to develop a "mySQL" data base for me. After having started eagerly, they left me with an incomplete version before they went off for holidays. So I have to wait, or to go back to "ACCESS", which, as I now learned can be also handled via internet.
In the meantime the Sennheiser company has donated a PC for the archive. With the aid of another student we upgraded it with new software and new hardware. The installation of "ACCESS" will be in the next few days, and I hope that the work can then go on.
I hope you are well and I wish you and all friends of AES a successful Amsterdam Convention
Best regards, Manfred