Posted On: 2016-12-5
Location: Portland, OR, USA
This position is focused on providing technical expertise for our customers so they can get the most out of the Audio Precision products.
• have a passion for all things audio
• have LabVIEW driver development experience
• have technical experience with some of the following devices:
• Analog and digital electronics
• Acoustic transducers
• A/D & D/A converters
• enjoy helping customers resolve their test challenges
• want to be part of growing a business
• seek to join a knowledgeable, experienced, and friendly team of professionals
• are results driven and self-motivated,
…then we want to speak with you.
This position is responsible for Technical Support of the Audio Precision product portfolio worldwide. Audio Precision’s addressable market spans across many industries and applications, so the ideal candidate will have the flexibility to meaningfully engage with a diverse set of test challenges with novice and expert engineers. Domestic and International travel will be required occasionally.
• Advise users on the use of cutting-edge hardware and software solutions provided by AP
• Develop and maintain AP LabVIEW drivers
• Create applications support documentation
• Assist customers with application programming
• Develop and deliver audio test technology seminars
• Collaborate with other technical support engineers, marketing, sales, and engineering to help provide test solutions
• Electronic Technician/EE degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication skills, public and speaking
• Programming experience with (.net) compatible languages
• Five years’ experience utilizing the above skills in an audio related field
• Desire to grow, and learn new things
• Self-motivated and self-starter
• Experience using Audio Precision instrumentation
• Technical writing
Job Location: Portland Oregon
Please send a resume and cover letter to Jobs@AP.com. Principals only, recruiters please do not contact AP regarding this position.
Please mention AES00935 when applying for this position.
Posted On: 2017-2-10
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA
If you have a passion for excellence in analog circuit design and love to ensure your circuit is performing exactly as designed; if you love to challenge the laws of physics to eke out the last bit of performance from your designs; if you enjoy working shoulder to shoulder with the world’s best, then, we would love to find you a home as a key contributor at the world’s leading high performance audio test and measurement instrumentation company.
• Play an important role in the development of state-of-the art analog designs
• Verify, test, debug, characterize, and optimize new designs and modify existing designs
• Develop design documentation, testing requirements, and task estimates for solutions
• Interface with product marketing to determine tradeoffs between functionality and performance – propose innovative and creative solutions
• BS with 10 to 15 years work experience
• Ability to analyze multidimensional problems
• Intimate knowledge of simulation tools and modeling
• Understanding of distributed versus lumped parameters and parasitics
• Demonstrated ability to take a project from conception to final delivery
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated technical abilities in the form of published technical papers / designs
• Experience in high frequency design (analog or digital), converters, and semiconductor device physics
• Audio background and familiarity with audio testing techniques
Please mention AES00978 when applying for this position.
Posted On: 2017-2-14
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA
As part of the Audio Precision marketing team, the marketing specialist develops and implements activities to build awareness of, and demand for, our audio test solutions. This role works closely with AP’s sales team, international partners, and technical support team to execute marketing activities around the world.
This role is responsible for the successful planning and execution of AP’s trade show and seminar activities, including scheduling, budgeting, promoting and reporting. Additionally, the marketing specialist provides marketing support to, and manages joint marketing activities with, our international sales partners. Responsibilities may also include: social media management, website development, lead qualification, and search engine marketing. Requires ~25% travel.
• 3-5 years marketing communications experience
• Goal-oriented with strong attention to detail
• Well-organized, with strong project management skills
• Effective communication skills, written and spoken
• Ability to work independently and lead small project teams
• Event planning and coordination experience (trade shows, seminars, etc.)
• Web development and search engine marketing experience
• Excellent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
• Vendor management experience
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
• Social media marketing experience
• Partner / channel marketing program development experience
• Experience in B2B marketing of audio equipment and/or test equipment
Please mention AES00979 when applying for this position.
5750 SW Arctic Drive
Beaverton, OR 97005
Audio Precision is the recognized standard in audio test. Since 1984, AP has offered high-performance audio analyzer instruments and applications to help engineers worldwide design and manufacture consumer, professional and industrial audio products. Audio Precision is located in the high-tech “Silicon Forest” of the greater Portland, OR, area, rated as one of the most desirable places to live and work in the United States. For more information, visit http://www.ap.com/