Posted On: 2017-6-27
Location: Steyning, West Sussex, England
Our founder, John Bowers, started this company in 1966 with a single loudspeaker and the vision “if you create a better product, you will sell it.” Today, we are the market leaders in the premium audio category and are used by musicians and producers in the best studios in the world, from Abbey Road to Skywalker Studios. In May 2016, we ushered in a new era for Bowers & Wilkins through an acquisition by Silicon Valley startup, Eva Automation, led by Gideon Yu. Combining Eva’s culture of fast-paced technology innovation and the audio heritage of Bowers & Wilkins will allow us to create fantastic home entertainment experiences that make it easier and better for people to use the products they love.
We are seeking to recruit a Technology Prototype Engineer to work within our exploration development team, the need is to help us realise the technologies and platforms required to move firmly into new and exciting product categories. This is a creative role and requires familiarity with modern electronic developments, computer systems and being comfortable with both research and physically bringing technologies to life.
• Design and enable SW/HW tools that enable us to test ideas quickly.
• Collaborate information, document feasibility and propose system architectures.
• Liaise with electronic and acoustics engineers to ensure performance and functionality.
• Contribute to forming user case and sound space experiment design.
• Assist product managers creating product briefs.
• Some overseas travel required- technology providers and conferences etc.
• Masters degree in an Engineering, Technology or Design field.
• 5+ years experience working with cross-disciplinary teams & technologies.
• Proficient in electronics system design, comfortable hacking real world hardware, sensors & wireless modules etc. to various computer & mobile platforms (iOS/Android).
• Competent in software prototyping skills, e.g Matlab, MaxMSP, Arduino/ microprocessor IDE, RaspPi etc.
• Excellent practical, project management and technical research skills.
• Strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills.
• A passion for audio entertainment and outstanding product design.
Experience of live, multi-channel audio or installation soundstage design would be useful, along with knowledge in any/some of the following: Spatial audio/sound field control, computer vision, machine learning or human-centered/ interaction design.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter and c.v to: email@example.com
At Bowers & Wilkins we offer competitive rates of pay, 25 days holiday per year, group pension plan with 5% employer/employee contributions, private health care and life insurance.
You must be eligible to work and reside in the UK/EU.
Bowers & Wilkins are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
Please mention AES001047 when applying for this position.
B&W Group Ltd. was founded in 1966 and is based in Worthing, UK. They conduct research into acoustics and design, manufacture, and distribute loudspeaker systems for the domestic and professional markets. B&W Group companies also distribute Rotel, Classé, and i-Command brand products throughout Europe, North America, and China.