Posted On: 2016-10-6
Location: Steyning, West Sussex, England
The Signal Processing Engineer will support the R&D process on active loudspeaker products by developing & researching audio signal processing technologies. This includes (but is not restricted to) filters, compressors and other nonlinear processing, with a strong emphasis on audio performance.
This position is within the R&D multidisciplinary team, based in Steyning, West Sussex but involves collaborative work with other teams in Asia and North America. The R&D team is responsible for the development of all B&W products, from headphones to Bluetooth speakers and high end passive loudspeakers like the 800D3 series.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a challenging and stimulating environment, with a lot of emphasis on collaborative work.
• Design, implement and maintain high quality audio DSP code modules and systems
• Ensure signal integrity and numerical accuracy throughout the audio processing path
• Design, implement and maintain audio tuning interfaces
• Convert high level models and algorithms to run on suitable targets
• Optimise designs within cost and audio quality constraints (accuracy, sample rate & filter structures etc.)
• Support architecture choices needed to interface with the physical world (ADCs, DACs & other ICs)
• Develop within the constraints of the company product development process
• Research new processing methods, architectures and algorithms
• Thoroughly document code and results
• Occasional travel to Asia is expected.
• Degree/MSc. or higher in a relevant field (Electrical/Electronic engineering, acoustics)
• Working knowledge of Matlab, C and one or more assembly language
• Working knowledge of audio centric filters, sampling theory and spectrum analysis
• Understanding of fixed and floating numerical formats and their trade-offs
• Working knowledge of inter IC buses and interfaces (I2S, I2C , SPI, RS232, DDR, etc.)
• Familiarity with integrated development environments for DSP (VDSP++, CCES, CCS)
• Familiar with the use of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic and spectrum analysers
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in teams of overlapping skills
• Interest in audio / music
• 5 to 10 years of experience related to audio signal processing or similar field combining DSP programming with physical signals and systems (instrumentation, real time physical modelling)
• Familiarity with audio coding over both bare metal and scheduled operating systems
• Understanding of advanced signal processing methods such as adaptive filtering and non-linear methods
• Experience with Simulink
• Experience of software version control: Git, SVN
• Familiarity with SW unit testing
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK/EU.
To apply, please send a c.v and covering letter to email@example.com
B&W Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Please mention AES00909 when applying for this position.
B&W Group Ltd. was founded in 1966 and is based in Worthing, UK. They conduct research into acoustics and design, manufacture, and distribute loudspeaker systems for the domestic and professional markets. B&W Group companies also distribute Rotel, Classé, and i-Command brand products throughout Europe, North America, and China.