In This Section
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
- AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
- Successful Technical Program and Exhibition draw high attendance and positive response from attendees and exhibitors alike
Verification of Flat Attenuation Characteristics of Musicians' Earplugs
Brian J. Fligor
Custom hearing protection devices that are designed to attenuate sound levels uniformly across a wide range of the audible frequency spectrum ("flat frequency attenuators," also known as Musicians Earplugs TM) are a common recommendation for hearing loss prevention programs for musicians. This presentation will describe the use of probe microphone measures to verify whether or not the attempt of "flat frequency attenuation" is achieved in the individual, and suggest a framework for interpreting verification measures.