In This Section
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
Verification of Flat Attenuation Characteristics of Musicians' Earplugs
Brian J. Fligor
Custom hearing protection devices that are designed to attenuate sound levels uniformly across a wide range of the audible frequency spectrum ("flat frequency attenuators," also known as Musicians Earplugs TM) are a common recommendation for hearing loss prevention programs for musicians. This presentation will describe the use of probe microphone measures to verify whether or not the attempt of "flat frequency attenuation" is achieved in the individual, and suggest a framework for interpreting verification measures.