In This Section
- Early Registration Pricing for AES Paris Convention Extended to May 26 — Expanded Exhibits Hall and Tech Program Offerings for Free and Premium Badges
- Early Registration Pricing for AES Paris Convention Extended to May 26
- AES to Hold First International Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality – Paper Proposal Deadline Extended to May 23rd
- Conference to focus on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015
The new edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou, is the first in a series of publications on audio engineering published jointly by Focal Press and AES. The book contains contributions from top professionals in the field, many of them AES members, including David Miles Huber on MIDI, and Bill Whitlock on audio transformers and preamplifiers. AES members receive a 30% discount off any Focal Press title when purchased directly from Focal Press using the discount code found in the AES Member Portal.
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2015
137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2014
Report of the 2014 - 2015 election
In accordance to the AES bylaws Article IX section 3 (vi), I herewith report the results of the election for the year 2014 – 2015.
President Elect: John D. Krivit
Secretary: Ronald D. Streicher
Treasurer-Elect: Garry Margolis
Vice President Eastern Region, US & Canada: Anthony Schultz
Vice President Western Region, US & Canada: David W. Scheirman
Vice President Northern Region, Europe: Bill F. Foster
Vice President Southern Region, Europe: No candidates came forward for nomination.
*** Because there were no candidates for election as Vice-president of this Region this year, the term of the incumbent, Umberto Zanghieri, will be extended an additional year and another election for VPSE will be conducted in 2015. ***
Mark W. Drews
Timothy J. Shuttleworth
2014 By Law Amendments 1, 2, and 3 Passed
Chair, Tellers Committee
Audio Engineering Society
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014
AES voting members are reminded to cast their ballots in the 2014 election for members of the Board of Governors. The deadline to cast your vote is 5:00 PM (EST) on Friday, July 11, 2014.
The positions open this year are:
• Vice President (3 positions)
• Governor (3 positions)
All voting members should have received an email from Christopher V. Freitag, Chair, Board of Tellers notifying them of the vote. In that email is a Unique PIN which you can use along with your membership number to cast your ballot online.
If you did not receive your ballot call Election Services during normal business hours at +1-800.864.1263.
Associate Members and Student Members are not eligible to vote. We encourage Associate Members to apply to upgrade to Member Status.
Posted: Monday, June 9, 2014
AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014
A Graham Blyth Organ Concert was held during the 135th AES Convention in New York, NY. The concert featured works by Marchand, Bach, Franck and Gigout. As a part of the concert Robert Schulein and Dan Mapes Riordan made a combined Binaural and HD video recording for downloading following the convention. This recording consists of a composition by César Franck (1822-1890): Trois Píéces (1878): Fantasie in A, Cantabile, and Píéce Héroïque.
The audio/video recordings have now been edited and uploaded to YouTube. The recordings have been formatted for either headphone or loudspeaker auditioning by AES members. For those that attended the concert, these recordings will allow the opportunity to compare the live event to a surround audio with video recording process compatible with today's consumer viewer/listening technology.
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014
You can now register for a free Exhibits Plus badge for the Berlin convention, or you can get a premium All Access badge that lets you attend all the technical sessions. Take advantage of our online discount since it always costs extra at the door.
Our mobile app is also ready to download and will be continually updated between now and the convention with the latest details on our exhibitors and the technical sessions calendar.
The AES Berlin 2014 app provides tools to enhance your event experience:
• The Dashboard keeps you organized with up-to-the-minute Exhibitor, Speaker, and Event information
• My Schedule organizes your schedule with one click
• Alerts allow you to receive important real-time communications from the AES
• Keep up with industry news on LinkedIn and Facebook groups
• Built-in Twitter feed to follow and join in on the show chatter
• Rate the sessions you attend and comment on them, too
• Connect with your colleagues using the Friends feature
Download it for free today!
Posted: Friday, March 7, 2014
The Nominations Committee is at this time soliciting the names of members to be considered for possible inclusion in the 2014 ballot for election of officers to the Board of Governors. To aid us in this task, please let us know if there is someone you would like us to consider for this election.
To be eligible for nomination, a candidate must be a voting member of the Society and belong to one of the following membership categories: honorary member, fellow, or member, and must be willing and able to attend the meeting of the Board of Governors each year.
Nominations must be received by February 17th, 2014 and can now be submitted online.
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013