In This Section
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
This new educational CD, produced by the AES Technical Committee on Signal Processing (TC_SP), is intended primarily to address issues relevant to digital signal processing algorithm designers and implementers.
Digital audio systems have obviously become ubiquitous in recent years, due in large part to the ingenuity and effort of Audio Engineering Society members. The maturity of the digital audio signal processing field can present a serious challenge for new students, researchers, software engineers, product testers, and other newcomers who must try to understand the relevance and relative importance of various signal processing parameters without being able to hear and see the details and effects: simply reading a written description is not the best way to learn and understand audio processing issues.
Since a typical characteristic of audio digital signal processing algorithms is the need for sustained, uninterrupted processing, even a single sample dropout or parameter update error can result in an audible artifact. Detecting, diagnosing, and correcting this sort of implementation error often requires experience listening for the defects, and examples of this type are included on this CD. The examples on this disc are intended to demonstrate a variety of the effects, both good and bad, that digital audio signal processing engineers are likely to come across in their work.
Posted: Thursday, June 3, 2010