In This Section
- Graham Blyth Celebrates 20 years of Organ Concerts at AES 135
- Audio and Video Downloads Now Available
- Berlin Convention Registration Now Open!
- Mobile App is Also Ready to Download
- Call for Nominations Deadline Approaching
- Deadline is February 17th
- 135th AES Convention Hits A Five-Year High
- Convention takes a bite out of the Big Apple and reminds the industry that “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES”
AES Continues Oral History Project
Initiated during an Audio Engineering Society Historical Committee meeting in 1997 by long-time member Irv Joel, the AES Oral History Project was envisioned as a personal record of the creative and technical thought process of the doyens of professional audio. "This AES Oral History Project was initiated as an inspiration to new generations of audio industry professionals," explains AES executive director Roger Furness. "Education remains an AES priority, and these unique DVD personal histories represent a priceless link between the past contributions of our worldwide membership and the on-going innovations of our rapidly evolving future.
"Irv Joel has had close, long-standing relationships with many of the giants of our industry," he continues. "In addition to co-ordinating the interviews, he served as cameraman and off-camera interviewer for the greater part of them, a massive undertaking. The entire professional audio community owes him a vote of thanks for producing over 100 irreplaceable one-on-one interviews."
In 2007, after 10 years of shooting with a basic lighting kit, two lavalier mics and... (continued at following link)
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010