- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
AES Continues Oral History Project
Initiated during an Audio Engineering Society Historical Committee meeting in 1997 by long-time member Irv Joel, the AES Oral History Project was envisioned as a personal record of the creative and technical thought process of the doyens of professional audio. "This AES Oral History Project was initiated as an inspiration to new generations of audio industry professionals," explains AES executive director Roger Furness. "Education remains an AES priority, and these unique DVD personal histories represent a priceless link between the past contributions of our worldwide membership and the on-going innovations of our rapidly evolving future.
"Irv Joel has had close, long-standing relationships with many of the giants of our industry," he continues. "In addition to co-ordinating the interviews, he served as cameraman and off-camera interviewer for the greater part of them, a massive undertaking. The entire professional audio community owes him a vote of thanks for producing over 100 irreplaceable one-on-one interviews."
In 2007, after 10 years of shooting with a basic lighting kit, two lavalier mics and... (continued at following link)
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010