In This Section
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
AES Continues Oral History Project
Initiated during an Audio Engineering Society Historical Committee meeting in 1997 by long-time member Irv Joel, the AES Oral History Project was envisioned as a personal record of the creative and technical thought process of the doyens of professional audio. "This AES Oral History Project was initiated as an inspiration to new generations of audio industry professionals," explains AES executive director Roger Furness. "Education remains an AES priority, and these unique DVD personal histories represent a priceless link between the past contributions of our worldwide membership and the on-going innovations of our rapidly evolving future.
"Irv Joel has had close, long-standing relationships with many of the giants of our industry," he continues. "In addition to co-ordinating the interviews, he served as cameraman and off-camera interviewer for the greater part of them, a massive undertaking. The entire professional audio community owes him a vote of thanks for producing over 100 irreplaceable one-on-one interviews."
In 2007, after 10 years of shooting with a basic lighting kit, two lavalier mics and... (continued at following link)
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010