In This Section
- Berlin Convention Registration Now Open!
- Mobile App is Also Ready to Download
- Call for Nominations Deadline Approaching
- Deadline is February 17th
- 135th AES Convention Hits A Five-Year High
- Convention takes a bite out of the Big Apple and reminds the industry that “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES”
- AES 2013 Election Results
- The results are in!
Section Meeting Recordings Now Available
The AES Regions & Sections and Membership Committees have been collaborating on a pilot project to make available recordings of section meetings to current AES members. The first six of these are now available, attached to meeting reports on the AES website. A brief summary is provided below. We are aware that some sections make recordings of their meetings available in various forms, on their own websites, but this is an attempt to bring selected meetings to the attention of the wider AES community. We hope to bring you further section meeting recordings over the coming months as more sections begin to take part in the project. Thanks are especially due to Theresa Leonard and David Bowles for their hard work during this pilot phase.
Francis Rumsey, Chair, Regions and Section
- Vancouver: ‘Education working with Industry panel discussion’, with Theresa Leonard (Banff Center), Bob Grieve (VFS Sound Design), Chad York (Next Level Games), Frankie Mann (DTS), Mark Scott (Post Modern Sound), & Warren Brown. (Audio only)
- San Francisco: John Paulson and James Arntz discuss the documentary ‘Les Paul, Chasing Sound’ with David Bowles. (Audio only)
- Boston: ‘Building an Audio Plug-in: From Concept to Release Date’, Jeremy Todd - iZotope, Inc. (Audio and video)
- British: ‘Maintaining audio-video sync in today’s broadcast environment’ (Audio only)
- British: ‘An interview with Neville Thiele’ (Audio only)
- British: ‘From hi-fi to PA: predicting and measuring what we hear’, Peter Mapp. (Audio only)
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010