The meeting was convened by chair Piotr Majdak.
The formal notice on patent policy was read.
The agenda and the report of the previous meeting, held online on 2020-10-05 were approved as written.
In attendence were Richard Cabot, Piotr Majdak, Marcus Noisternig, David Ranada, Ahmed Gelby, Paul Treleaven, Kent Terry, David Andrews.
Projects assigned to this group but not mentioned here had no action requested or required - see www.aes.org/standards/meetings/project-status.cfm for details.
AES31-3-R Review of AES31-3-2008 (r2013), AES standard for network and file transfer of audio - Audio-file transfer and exchange - Part 3: Simple project interchange. including maintenance of annex F.
Paul Treleaven raised the issue of a typographical error in the published version of AES31-3. The F.2 ADL format identifier contains two characters XX which should have been 0C. The Standards Manager will get this corrected.
AES69-R Review of AES69-2015: AES standard for file exchange - Spatial acoustic data file format
AES69 was published in 2020. A few errors have been discovered. A document containing the corrections has been circulated within the group. These revisions were reviewed during the meeting. All appeared to be editorial in nature.
There was some discussion of the appropriate place to host the SOFA files and descriptions. The chair asked about the possibility of hosting these on the SOFA site with appropriate links inserted in the standard. The AES web site is preferred, possibly required, because these are referenced in a normative section of the standard. The Standards Manager suggested a meeting between the group chair, vice-chair, Standards Chair and Standards Manager to discuss the issue.
Nothing to report.
No new projects were proposed.
No new business was proposed.
The next meeting will be scheduled in conjunction with the AES 150th Convention, to be held online in May 2021.