Saturday, October 1, 8:30 am — 9:15 am (Theater Room 411)
GAUDIO LAB has developed VR audio technologies, one of which was adopted as MPEG-H 3D Audio international standard. This workshop will cover an end-to-end solution for the whole VR ecosystem as the producer intended. The audience will be guided through the basics of VR audio solutions when creating, delivering, and playing back 360/VR contents. All levels, including beginner, will be able to enjoy this workshop.
This workshop will cover:
- Immersive and interactive binaural rendering: a key technology for real immersive VR audio
- Object-based audio vs. scene-based audio
- VR audio distribution: app-based or codec-based
- Considerations on VR audio creation workflow
- VR sound recording: mono, Ambisonics and binaural
- Mixing and mastering with GWorks, AAX plugin for Pro Tools HD
- Quality matters. But how to guarantee the same sound quality at the end-user stage?
- GPlayer, a reference quality 360/VR audio player (API)
Price: This session is part of the co-located AVAR Conference which is not included in the normal convention All Access badge.