Job Title: Audio Engineer / Producer
Company: Andres Mayo Mastering & Audio Post
AES Committees: Awards, Laws & Resolutions, Nominations
Technical Committees: Broadcast and Online Delivery, Guidelines For Working With Metadata in Broadcast and Streaming, Recording Technology and Practices, Technical Council
Standards Committees: SC-02-12 (Audio Applications of Networks), SC-02-12-H (AES-X192), SC-02-12-P (Broadcast and Online Delivery), SC-02-12-Q (Streaming Loudness)
Primary Section: Argentina
Company Website: http://www.andresmayo.com
Other Professional Website: http://www.instagram.com/andresmayoestudio
Personal Website: http://www.andresmayo.com
Contact: Andres A. Mayo
Facebook Address: http://www.facebook.com/andres.alberto.mayo
LinkedIn Address: http://www.linkedin.com/in/andresmayo
Twitter Name: @andresmayo
• Grammy-winning Audio Engineer, Music and Film Producer
• Past-President of the Audio Engineering Society worldwide
• Credits in over 3,000 titles released in all formats, from vinyl through Dolby Atmos
• Founder and CEO at "Cool du Monde" Music Production House
• Founder and Researcher at Andres Mayo Immersive Audio, recently partnered with Neumann - Sennheiser
• Chairman of the AES Immersive Audio Academy
• Producer of "Charco, songs from the Rio de la Plata", Award-winning music film
In 2009, Andres Mayo was presented with the AES Board of Governors Award in recognition of co-chairing the AES Latin American Conference in Buenos Aires in 2007.
In 2011, Andres Mayo was presented with the AES Citation Award in recognition of outstanding contributions to the Latin American Professional Audio Community.
In 2017, Andres Mayo was presented with the AES Board of Governors Award in recognition of co-chairing the 2016 International AES Conference on Audio for Augmented and Virtual Reality in Los Angeles, USA, September 30–October 1, 2016.
In 2018, Andres Mayo was presented with the AES Board of Governors Award in recognition of co-chairing the 2017 AES Latin America Conference in Havana, Cuba.
In 2018, Andres Mayo was presented with the AES Fellowship Award for dedicated service to the Society in various leadership positions and outstanding achievement in the audio recording industry.
• Andrés won 2 Latin Grammy Awards in 2008 for his 7-DVD Tango production "Buenos Aires, Days and Nights of Tango". He also received 7 Carlos Gardel Awards to the Technical Excellence and over 20 Grammy and Latin Grammy nominations for albums he mastered throughout the years. • Mayo was recognized as Cultural Creative of the Year in 2017, Award given by the Ministry of Culture of Argentina.
Mr. Mayo holds an academic degree with a major in Electronics Engineering at the National Technology University (U.T.N.) in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
• Andrés started as an Audio Engineer in the early 90´s, working at diverse facilities throughout the world, such as Unique Recording (NYC), dB Post (London), and TonStudio Bauer (Germany).
• In 1994, Mayo co-founded Mr. Master, first professional mastering facility based in Argentina, which later became Andres Mayo Mastering & Audio Post
• He is responsible for the final touch in music releases of renowned artists such as Snoop Dogg, Seal, La Vida Bohème, and many others.
• Mayo founded his own music production company named Cool du Monde, responsible for over 20 releases in vinyl, CD, DVD, Blu Ray, streaming and Dolby Atmos. Their latest release, Charco, is a feature film which received the Carlos Gardel Award to the Best Original Soundtrack in 2018.
• In 2017, he founded Andres Mayo Immersive Audio, an independent space for music producers and researchers in the field of immersive audio.
Because I just LOVE the AES, I can´t even start to tell how much I grew up by being part of the Society.
If you are an AES member and would like to create your own AES member profile like this one then click here.