Meeting Topic: Member's day and seminar
Moderator Name: Shusen WANG
Speaker Name: Dr. Jun YANG, Mr. Yong XIE
Other business or activities at the meeting: Awarding for the contribution of the members to the membership development in China
Meeting Location: The Institute of Acoustics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, No. 21, Beisihuan West Rord, Haidian District, Beijing, China
China Acoustic Society Audio Engineering Branch
Membership Day and Seminar
May 15, 2019
On May 14, 2019, the Audio Branch of the Chinese Acoustic Society (CAA) held a membership day at the Acoustic Research Institute of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. More than 30 members of CAA and AES Beijing were invited to come together for academic reports, technical exchanges and visits to professional acoustics laboratories.
Photos of some members participating in the membership day
During the event, AES Beijing members shared with the development process of AES and the current situation of AES development in China. With the approval of AES Headquarters, AES Beijing took advantage of the opportunity of this event to commend members who have made special contributions to their respective positions for many years and awarded them special contribution awards.
Membership Day is hosted by Mr. Xu Yong, Secretary of Audio Branch. He briefly introduced the long history of cooperation and friendly academic exchanges between the Audio Engineering Branch and the International Audio Engineering Society (AES). He said: The members of the Audio Branch are frequent visitors to the AES International Congress, and they are also one of the academic groups that submit academic papers and give speeches most frequently. Many experts and scholars of the Audio Branch are AES international individual members, and some of them have won the title of associate. The Audio Branch has close cooperation and contact with AES China Membership Group (AES China for short). Today's event is a day for members of the two societies, which provides a full opportunity for members of the two societies to communicate. I hope you will enjoy the academic exchange in the multi-functional hall recently built by our acoustics institute. At the end of the activity, we also organized a visit to the acoustic laboratory.
At the beginning of the event, Mr. Xu Yong invited the organizer to address Mr. Yang Jun, the chairman of the Audio Branch. First of all, he warmly welcomed the members of the two sessions to participate in today's membership day activities. He said that the AES Society was founded in 1948 and has a history of more than 70 years. AES Beijing was founded in May 2012. AES Beijing, adhering to the mission of AES headquarters, actively promotes AES concept, standards and education system in China, and introduces advanced scientific and technological concepts and leading technologies. AES strongly supports and actively participates in the academic activities organized by the Audio Branch. It has made great contributions to promoting international exchanges in the field of audio engineering and improving the technological progress of the domestic industry. It is hoped that the two societies will continue to cooperate and carry out more academic exchanges in the future so as to make due contributions to the great development of audio engineering in China.
Mr. Yang Jun, Chairman of Audio Branch, delivered a speech.
Professor Wang Zexiang, a senior member of AES Beijing, delivered a speech on behalf of AES Society. First of all, he thanked Chairman Yang Jun for his excellent speech. He said that he was very glad to be able to attend the Membership Day today. On behalf of the Beijing Membership Group of AES Society, he thanked Chairman Yang Jun and Professor Xu Yong for their warm invitation and careful preparation. I have worked with the Acoustic Society for many years, and I am a director of the Acoustic Society and a member of the Audio Branch. I know that many members of the Audio Branch are also senior members of AES. The two societies have a long cooperative relationship. I hope that the Audio Branch and AES Society will have more cooperation and contribute to the development of our electro-acoustic industry and audio industry. I hope the members of the two sessions can deepen friendship, exchange technological achievements and enjoy the benefits and happiness brought to you by the membership group through today's gathering. Finally, I wish the event a complete success!
Speech by Professor Wang Zexiang, the representative of AES Beijing Senior Members
In the academic seminar, Yang Jun, the chairman of the Audio Branch, made a brilliant speech on Local Acoustic Field Control Technology. Local acoustic field control (LAFC) refers to the use of loudspeaker arrays to generate arbitrary desired sound field in the local area near the human head. According to different application requirements, it can be divided into local area active noise reduction technology, personal audio system and local area sound field reconstruction technology. Local active noise reduction technology is an effective means to reduce low frequency noise. Personal audio system can play different sounds in the same space and different areas (directions) to avoid crosstalk. Local acoustic field reconstruction can be used to simulate real acoustic environment, virtual reality system or acoustic measurement and evaluation system. This report describes in detail the common technical principles of local acoustic field control and related research work in this direction by Acoustics Institute of Chinese Academy of Sciences in recent years. Teacher Yang Jun's academic report has been welcomed by all of us. They all believe that it has a high academic level and a large amount of information, which is worthy of in-depth discussion and research.
Academic Report by Yang Jun, Chairman of Audio Branch
Members listened attentively.
Next, AES Member, Xie Yong, founder of Meiyin Shengguang, shared with us an APP, Customer Requirement Budget Platform (www.avl.top), which was customized for engineering consultation.
Xie Yong, founder of Meiyin Shengguang, give technical reports
Firstly, he elaborated the role of Meiyin Shengguang in the intelligent industry of audio, lighting, machinery and video. Meiyin Shengguang can help engineers to make a complete plan list, quotation, drawing and demonstration animation in 10 seconds with mobile phone in front of Party A. Real-time communication and real-time adjustment of the plan can greatly improve the pre-operation efficiency and the success rate of taking bills for new projects, which can save a lot of manpower, time and adjust the efficiency. Then he emphasized that the principle of realizing the software platform is to strive for science and conform to the facts. The design principle is to synthesize large data of various Hall schemes, combine a series of algorithms, mathematical models and machine in-depth learning, and refine a hall type into hundreds of schemes according to different areas, grades and design methods in order to meet the precise needs of customers.
We have great interest in the platform developed by Xie Yong's team. We hope that this platform can be recognized by the industry and play a greater role.
In the following session, Section Chair Wang Shusen introduced the development of AES this year, especially in China's development process and future plans. He highlighted the outstanding contributions made by the new and old members of AES in introducing AES into China and promoting its development in China. Their contributions will be described in detail at the subsequent awards ceremony.
Chair Wang Shusen's Development Report on AES in China
Secretary-General Zhao Bingkun of China Audio and Video Engineering Professional Committee delivered a brief speech. He congratulated the AES Festival on behalf of the AES Fellowship and expressed his willingness to continue to pay attention to and support the development of the AES Beijing Membership Group. He also insisted on participating in AES international and domestic activities and making his own contribution to the development of AES in China.
Speech by Zhao Bingkun, Representative of AES Friendship
Then, Mr. Xie Yong came on the stage again and spoke on behalf of the enterprise members. He described the gains and support he had received since he joined the AES membership group, and his experience in attending the AES International Conference and Exhibition. He said that the AES Society is a truly productive society that can organize people to discuss technology. With the strong support of AES Society, the business of Rare Client Audio Company he founded has formed a certain scale, and has been continuously developing new products, which has a certain influence in the industry. This time, AES organization has given great efforts to cultivate the sound and light platform for his second pioneering development. Publicizing the technology and function of this platform in AES activities has greatly inspired our R&D team. We will certainly live up to AES organization's expectations, accelerate platform construction, deepen design, and strive to develop good products suitable for market needs.
Speech by Xie Yong, Representative of Enterprise Membership Unit
In his speech, Zhao Ping, a well-known sound engineer and founder of Omnidirectional Studio, spoke about the strong support and unexpected good effect of AES Institute for its latest earphone project, which made the research and development work of his team run smoothly and effectively. Here, he thanks AES and Chair Wang Shusen for their encouragement. He not only rekindled his passion and determination to develop new technologies, but also opened the door for respectful exchanges with the international technology industry. He believes that the AES Society is a worthy academic organization for practitioners, and the platform built by AES is a good place to exchange technology.
Speech by Zhao Ping
Then, Ge Zhongshu, a representative of Qutianshu Team of Peking University, spoke enthusiastically. He introduced how they could benefit from AES's academic resources, pointed out the direction for their research, made their R&D process always keep pace with international academic circles, followed the old path of others, and found the entry point. Finally, he read their research papers at AES Milan Conference and won the Best Technical Paper Award. ?
Speech by Ge Zhongshu, Peking University
Qutianshu Team of Peking University won the Best Technology Award for Thesis
Encouraged by the rich content and harmonious atmosphere of the Membership Day activities, Engineer Li Zhiping, who came to attend the academic report, applied to join the AES International Membership Family on the spot. On behalf of the group concerned about AES, he took the initiative to speak on the stage and expressed his feelings about participating in this membership day. He believed that he had gained a lot. He hoped to join the membership organization as soon as possible and strive to make his own contribution to the development of AES in China.
The last part of the membership exchange is the AES Society Award Ceremony for Outstanding Members. Chair Wang Shusen briefly introduced the background. With the approval of AES Headquarters, on the 70th anniversary of the founding of AES Society and the 7th anniversary of the founding of AES Beijing Membership Group, we commend Chinese members who have won major awards at home and abroad and have contributed to the development of AES in China, and award special contribution awards.
I. Members who made early contributions:
1) Cheng Yizhong, an early member of AES, actively participated in the AES International Conference and was the earliest honorary representative of China awarded by AES. He personally established the first domestic member organization, invited Chairman of AES Headquarters and experts and scholars to visit China for exchanges, introduced advanced AES running ideas and operating modes, introduced international technology and new products, and made great contributions to the development of domestic audio technology industry. ?
2)Shen Yong, a senior member of AES, the first Chief Representative of China appointed by AES, established ISEAT, invited Chairman of AES and experts and scholars to attend and give speeches, and created a Shenzhen membership group, which made outstanding contributions to the development of AES in China.
2. Active members contributing to AES China:
1) Wang Zexiang, a lifelong member of AES and a member of the Standards Committee, is the first member group of AES in China (Beijing). He is the Vice-Chairman and Chief Expert. He has made great contributions to the construction and upgrading of the technical system of radio stations in China. Actively participating in education and training, editor-in-chief of the Handbook of Audio Evaluation, is the earliest professor-level senior engineer in China to cultivate talents of Audio Evaluation. Actively organize and plan the activities of AES membership group, and give free technical lectures in the activities of AES membership group, making great contributions to the development of AES in China.
2) Zhao Bingkun, a senior member of AES and honorary chairman of AES Beijing Membership Association, started as a representative of Chinese organizations of Beijing Membership Group. We have always actively participated in AES international and domestic activities, promoted AES standards, actively planned and participated in the organization of membership activities, and made great contributions to the introduction of AES into China.
3) Yang Jun, a senior member of AES, actively participated in the AES International Conference. He was the first domestic scholar to publish papers in AES academic journals. He was the senior member and vice-chairman of AES Beijing Membership Group when it was founded. He is the director of the Key Laboratory of Acoustics Institute of Chinese Academy of Sciences, the chairman of the Audio Branch of Chinese Acoustic Society, the leader of the acoustics and electroacoustics circles in China, and has made great contributions to the development of the national audio industry. Actively cooperate with AES on behalf of the Audio Branch and make great contributions to the development of AES in China.
3. The Senior Members at the time of its establishment in 2012:
1) Xie Yong, a senior member of AES, was a senior member of AES Beijing Membership Group when it was founded. He actively supported AES activities in China. He was a representative of AES Beijing Membership Group of Silver Membership Units. He created the Bel Canto Platform and made great contributions to the development of AES in China.
2) Yang Xiaosong, a senior member of AES, was a veteran member of AES Beijing Membership Group when it was founded. He actively supported the activities of AES in China. He was a representative of AES Beijing Membership Group's Silver Membership Unit (Sparse Guest Audio) and made great contributions to the development of AES in China.
3) Wang Chen, a senior member of AES, was a veteran member of AES Beijing Membership Group when it was founded. He actively supported AES activities in China. He was a representative of AES Beijing Membership Group of Silver Membership Units. He actively created independent brand products and made great contributions to the development of AES in China. It has made great contributions to the domestic audio engineering industry.
4) Zhang Dong, a senior member of AES, was a veteran member of AES Beijing Membership Group when it was established. He actively supported AES activities in China and was a representative of the support unit of AES Beijing Membership Group activities, making great contributions to the development of AES in China. He participated in the broadcasting of the Beijing Olympic Games and Guangzhou Universiade and made great contributions to the broadcasting of large-scale events in China.
5) Tang Lei, a senior member of AES, was a senior member of the AES Beijing Membership Group when it was established. He actively supported AES activities in China and made great contributions to the development of AES in China. He participated in the broadcasting of the Beijing Olympic Games and Guangzhou Universiade and made great contributions to the broadcasting of large-scale events in China.
6) Gai Zhifang, a senior member of AES, was a senior member of AES Beijing Membership Group when it was established. He actively supported AES activities in China. On behalf of the Audio Branch of Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, he actively supported AES activities and made great contributions to the development of AES in China. He is the editor-in-chief of Electro-Acoustic Technology and has made great contributions to the development of China's acoustic technology.
7) Huangchuan, a senior member of AES, was a senior member of the AES Beijing Membership Group. He actively supported the activities of AES in China, actively volunteered to translate AES documents, and made great contributions to the development of AES in China.
8) Li Dakang, a senior member of AES, was a veteran member of AES Beijing Membership Group when it was founded. He actively supported AES activities in China, actively volunteered to contribute technical lectures on AES activities, and made great contributions to the development of AES in China. As a well-known professor of music recording in China, he has made great contributions to the professional recording industry in China.
9) Wang Hongmin, a senior member of AES, was a veteran member of AES Beijing Membership Group when it was established. He actively supported the activities of AES in China. On behalf of Beijing Film Academy, he actively supported the activities of AES Membership Group and made great contributions to the development of AES in China.
4. International awarded:
1) Qiu Xiaojun, a senior member of AES, actively participated in the AES International Conference. He was the first domestic scholar to publish papers in AES academic journals and an active member of AES Beijing membership group abroad. AES Headquarters awarded the honor of Members, for the development of AES has made tremendous contributions. He was the Director of Acoustics Research Institute of Nanjing University and the leader of acoustics and electroacoustics in China. He has made great contributions to the development of national audio industry.
2) Qu Tianshu, a senior member of AES, actively participated in the AES International Congress. He was the first domestic scholar to publish papers in AES academic journals. He was AES Beijing Executive Board. His team won the AES Headquarters Award for Best Technology in Academic Papers and made a great contribution to the development of AES. Professor of Information Science Center of Peking University is the leader of computer auditory scene analysis and three-dimensional computational auditory information processing science in China. He independently developed the first three-dimensional spherical panoramic array microphone in China, which has made great contributions to the development of national intelligent audio industry.
5. Contributors to major national activities and projects:
1) Wang Shusen is the first Chinese Vice-President of the AES Society, a member of the Board of Governers, the head of the Asia-Pacific region, and the Chair of Beijing Section. Actively volunteer to organize domestic members to carry out technology exchange activities, bring new technical ideas to members and broaden their horizons. It is a leading figure in the digitization of stereo technology and audio system in our country. It has introduced the first set of automatic broadcasting and digital recording system for our country and pioneered the transformation from analog to digital technology. He is a senior advisor of the International Olympic Committee on broadcasting. He undertakes the planning of audio system for large-scale events such as the Beijing Olympic Games and presides over the design of 5.1 surround sound system broadcasting scheme. It was awarded by the International Olympic Committee.
2) Yu Xiao is a senior member of AES, executive vice-chairman of Beijing, member of sound reinforcement technology committee of AES headquarters and member of electroacoustic standards committee. It is a well-known electro-acoustic/sound reinforcement expert in China. Participate in the formulation of loudspeaker industry standards, carry out technical promotion and professional training for many world-renowned brand electro-acoustic products; Responsible for the design and operation of sound reinforcement system for major national events such as Hangzhou G20 Summit, Hangzhou G20 Summit and BRICS. Awarded by the organizer.
3) Li Junfeng, Acoustics Research Institute of Chinese Academy of Sciences, researcher and senior member of AES, often publishes papers in AES international conferences and magazines. He is the winner of the National Excellent Youth Award. He was selected into the 100-person Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and won many first prizes in research and development papers.
4) Song Duoduo is the director of the Pop Music Society of the Chinese Musicians Association, a well-known independent acoustician. Once a drummer in Cui Jian's band, he turned to tuner. After more than 30 years of struggle and accumulation, now has become the top domestic acoustician, Zhang Yimou cooperative acoustician. Design and host many large-scale activities sound reinforcement system. He served as the director of planning and art for all previous large-scale evening parties. He was awarded the Best Audio Production Award of the "Ten Years Achievement Award of Chinese Song Circle" and the "2010 National Spring Festival TV Literature and Art Gala - Audio Design Award".
5) Zhao Ping, former senior recorder of China Audio and Video Publishing Corporation and former professional audio technical consultant of SONY in China, is one of the earliest famous recorders in China. He has organized and recorded a number of popular programs, such as "Let the world be full of love", "Blood-stained elegance" and "Loess Hillside". He is the chief voice planner of the Opera "White Haired Woman" 3D stage art film. It has made outstanding contributions to the production and performance of large-scale music programs in China.
6) Li Guoqi, Professor of Beijing University of Technology AES, Director of Education Base of Beijing University of Technology, is a Doctor of Engineering from the College of Kyushu University of Arts and Engineering/School of Architecture of Tsinghua University, Japan. He participated in the design and construction of the National Grand Theater and made outstanding contributions. The Institute of Theatre Design and Stage Technology was founded and presided over by School of Architecture and Urban Planning, Beijing University of Technology. Editor-in-chief, Shen'er Hearing Training System, has made outstanding contributions to the development and education of the process of listening evaluation.
7) Wang Jichen, a first-class dancing beauty design (audio) major, senior member of AES (International Academy of Audio Engineering), member of AES expert group, national professional and technical level 5 (master level) of the Opera Troupe of the Political Work Department of the Central Military Commission, has won the first-class prize for sound design of military literary and artistic festivals twice, and three times the national "Wenhua Award" has served as a major state performance organized by the national army, and in 2017. Audio design task of Zhu Ri's large-scale solicitation performance and oath mobilization meeting.
6. Members who actively support AES activities:
1) Li Xiaodong, a senior member of AES, actively supports AES membership activities, organizes students and colleagues to actively translate JAES and online magazines, and serves as final examiner of online magazines. To make a special contribution to the promotion of AES in China.
2) Wang Jing, senior member of AES, Beijing Executive Committee, actively supports AES membership activities, organizes students to actively translate online magazines, and serves as the translation team leader of online magazines. To make a special contribution to the promotion of AES in China.
3) Jia Maojin, senior member of AES and Secretary of Beijing, actively participated in organizing AES membership activities, and actively volunteered to contribute to the technical lectures of AES membership activities, making great contributions to the development of AES in China.
4) Liu Zili, Director of AES Beijing R&D Center, actively participates in AES membership activities and volunteers to provide equipment and support services for technical lectures of AES membership activities. To assist Professor Wang Zexiang in developing necessary demonstration equipment for member activities and training projects in his spare time and make great contributions to the development of AES in China.
5) Wu Chengzhong, senior member of AES, AES Beijing Executive Committee, volunteers to provide organizational and management services for AES membership group, actively participates in organizing membership activities, provides suggestions for activities, gives resource support, and actively provides conference venue support for the Executive Committee. It has made outstanding contributions to the development of AES in China.
6) Gao Aijun, senior member of AES, AES Beijing Executive Committee, volunteer to provide venue support, is the first engineer training base established by AES in Beijing, actively undertakes organizational and management services, actively participates in organizing membership activities, gives resource support, and has made great contributions to the development of AES in China.
7) Liu Jianfei, a senior member of AES, volunteered to provide translation support, translated many AES standards and technical documents, actively participated in member group activities, and made great contributions to the development of AES in China.
8) Zheng Chengshi, a senior member of AES, has actively participated in the AES International Conference. He is a domestic scholar who publishes more papers in AES academic journals. He volunteers to provide translation support for the members and has made great contributions to the development of AES.
9) Guo Feng, a senior member of AES, actively organizes members'group activities in Shanghai, volunteers to lead a team to provide translation support for online magazines (The inside Track), and has made great contributions to the development of AES in China.
Some of the above winning members attended the meeting to receive the award. Professor Wang Zexiang, senior member of AES Society, researcher Yang Jun, Chair Wang Shusen and honorary Chair Zhao Bingkun presented the award to them. Members of AES Beijing Executive Committee Wu Chengzhong read out the award speech of headquarters to all awards and winners at the scene.
AES Beijing Executive Director Wu Chengzhong read out the award speech on the spot
The most influential of all awards should be awarded to members who made outstanding contributions to the introduction of AES into China in the early years. They are members of Cheng Yizhong, former chief engineer of Shenzhen TV Station, and Shen Yong, professor of Nanjing University. They have been appointed honorary representative of China and chief representative of China by AES headquarters. It was their efforts in those years that laid the foundation for the development of AES Society in China today. Successors should always remember their merits! Chair Wang Shusen showed the outstanding contribution awards for members of Cheng Yi Zhong and Shen Yong.
Chairman Wang Shusen's Outstanding Contribution Award
AES Beijing Team Awards Yang Jun Members
Honorary Chairman Zhao Bingkun Awards Professor Wang Zexiang
Professor Wang Zexiang Awards Members of Wang Shusen
Professor Wang Zexiang Awards Members of Zhao Bingkun
Chairman Yang Jun, Chairman Wang Shusen and Secretary-General Zhao Bingkun presented awards to Wang Jing members.
Chairman Yang Jun Awards Members of Zhaoping
Chairman Yang Jun and Chairman Wang Shusen presented awards to Wu Chengzhong members
Professor Wang Zexiang presented awards to members of Gao Aijun (representative of Feng Lijuan)
Chair Wang Shusen Awards Members of Xie Yong
Chair Wang Shusen Awards Members of Zhang Dong
Chair Wang Shusen presented awards to members of Wang Jichen (representative of Zhao Bingkun)
Chair Wang Shusen presents awards to the Peking University team
Honorary Chair Zhao Bingkun and Chair Wang Shusen presented awards to Liu Zili members
Honorary Chair Zhao Bingkun Awards Members of Qutianshu (Representative of Ge Zhongshu)
Members who fail to receive the award will receive their certificates by courier. Congratulations to them on their acquisition and full enjoyment of this honor and their new contribution to the development of AES in China!
Ms. Lu Yan, a reporter of China Music Daily, was invited to attend the Membership Day and had a preliminary exchange with the participants. Reporter Lu Yan said she planned to follow up on the activities of the AES Society.
In the last part of the whole membership day, Mr. Xu Yong led the participants to visit the anechoic chamber, an important experimental site of the Acoustics Institute. After the visit, members discussed some of the experimental projects carried out here.
Zhao Ping Members Exchange with Mr. Xu Yong after Visiting
AES Beijing Membership Group
Beijing, May 16, 2019
Written By: Shusen WANG