- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
- Binaural Listening Trends Tracked at 140th International Audio Engineering Society Convention
- An ever-expanding aspect of present-day audio
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
AES Press Release: AES San Francisco 2010
129th AES Convention Platinum Mastering Panel Update
For Release: October 29, 2010
SAN FRANCISCO: Mastering legend and frequent AES Convention Platinum Mastering Panel moderator Bob Ludwig reports that renowned engineer and disc-cutting expert Doug Sax, will play selections from a variety of his state-of-the-art direct-to-disk recordings during the panel on Friday, Nov. 5, 2:00PM - 4:00PM (Room 134). Joining Ludwig and Sax is vinyl guru Michael Fremer, producer of 21st Century Vinyl: Michael Fremer's Practical Guide to Turntable Set-Up DVD. Ludwig will screen archival videos of how lacquers are made and a rare clip revealing his process of cutting the vinyl master to the hit Genesis album "Invisible Touch."
Doug Sax has cut literally thousands of LP masters with his custom designed, all-tube signal path, bringing superior sound to the format. He holds a prestigious AES Lifetime Honorary Membership and was recognized by NARAS with a Technical Achievement Grammy in 2003. His recent vinyl master credits include, the reissue of the Slayer Vinyl Conflict box set and Pantera vinyl reissues, the Eagles’ Greatest Hits, and the recent Brian Wilson Reimagines Gershwin.
Photo: 129th AES Convention Platinum Mastering Panelist Doug Sax.
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org