- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- Networks - High-performance streaming audio-over-IP interoperability; AES67-xxxx DRAFT REVISION proposed for comment
- Universal jack for 6,35 mm plugs; AES-14id-2010 proposed for reaffirmation
- Measurement of digital audio equipment; AES17 draft revision proposed for comment
- Spatial acoustic data file format; AES69-2015 published
AES Press Release: AES San Francisco 2008
Bob Ludwig Mines Platinum for AES Mastering Panel
For Release: September 22, 2008
Legendary Mastering Engineer Helms “Ask The Experts”
SAN FRANCISCO: Bob Ludwig, one of the industry’s most respected mastering engineers, will moderate the 125th AES Convention Platinum Mastering Panel. A perennial convention highlight, these events provide rare insights into the combination of ears, instincts and technical savvy required to elevate recordings to the highest level of perfection.
“We’ve been fortunate to attract a terrific group of experts for this year’s panel,” Ludwig reports. “I’ve known these engineers for many years. They’re as articulate as they are accomplished, and I look forward to an entertaining as well as informative discussion.”
Saturday, Oct. 4, 11:30AM – 1:00PM:
PLATINUM MASTERING – Ask The Experts: Moderator Bob Ludwig, Gateway Mastering & DVD, Portland, ME.(Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones, The Police, (Nirvana). Panelists: Bernie Grundman, Bernie Grundman Mastering, Hollywood (Michael Jackson, Carole King, Ludacris, Dr. Dre); Scott Hull, Scott Hull Mastering/Masterdisk, New York (Steely Dan, John Mayer, Edie Brickell); Herb Powers Jr., Powers Mastering Studios, Orlando (Alicia Keys, P. Diddy, Lauryn Hill); Doug Sax, The Mastering Lab, Ojai, CA (Neil Young, Alison Krauss, Sheryl Crow). The discussion will focus on the craft and the business of mastering. A Q&A will feature queries submitted in advance by students at top recording colleges.
“Bob Ludwig’s panels always draw a large and enthusiastic audience,” said 125th AES Convention Platinum Events Chair, Paul Verna. “Attendees are never disappointed by these colorful presentations.”
The 125th AES Convention will be held in San Francisco’s Moscone Center October 2-5, 2008. For information please visit www.aes.org
Photo: Bob Ludwig will moderate the 125th AES Convention Platinum Mastering Panel
Currently celebrating its 60th anniversary, The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org