- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- Networks - High-performance streaming audio-over-IP interoperability; AES67-xxxx DRAFT REVISION proposed for comment
- Universal jack for 6,35 mm plugs; AES-14id-2010 proposed for reaffirmation
- Measurement of digital audio equipment; AES17 draft revision proposed for comment
- Spatial acoustic data file format; AES69-2015 published
AES Press Release: AES San Francisco 2008
Platinum Panels Gleam at 125th AES Convention
For Release: September 17, 2008
Joint Producers/Engineers Panel Debut
SAN FRANCISCO: The traditional AES Convention gathering of “Platinum Eagles”will offer a stellar series this year. Platinum Events Chair Paul Verna, former Billboard and Mix journalist, co-author of The Encyclopedia of Record Producers, and eMarketer sr. entertainment analyst, has coordinated a trio of outstanding Platinum panels. “Paul Verna’s insights into and ties to the pro audio world have consistently enabled him to build outstanding panels,” remarked AES Executive Director Roger Furness. “We are extremely fortunate to have him on our team and, as always, we expect these Platinum events to be primary attractions to the Moscone Center October 2 thru 5.”
“This year marks an interesting shift in the traditional Platinum Producers and Engineers Panels,” Verna reports. “For the first time we have invited top practitioners of both these closely related skill sets to participate in a single event. I anticipate particularly intriguing dialogues as these tightly-linked collaborators share their experiences and insights.”
Friday, Oct. 3, 11:30AM – 1:00PM: PLATINUM PRODUCERS & ENGINEERS: Moderator, Paul Verna – Panelists include studio pros who successfully honed their craft from a variety of entry points: A&R - Tony Berg (Aimee Mann, Beck, Air Supply, Edie Brickell); performing - Stephan Jenkins (Third Eye Blind); engineering - Chris Lord-Alge (James Brown, Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones, Madonna); and classical music - David v.R. Bowles, engineer/producer of over fifty topclassical music recordings.
Sunday, Oct. 5, 11:30AM -1:00PM: PLATINUM ROAD WARRIORS: Clive Young, Pro Sound News Sr. Editor and author of CRANK IT UP: Live Sound Secrets of the Top Tour Engineerswill guide an all-star panel (TBA) across subject matter ranging from gear to gossip, in what promises to be an insightful, amusing and enlightening 90 minute session. Engineers for superstar artists will discuss war stories, technical innovations and heroic efforts to maintain the eternal ‘show must go on’ code of the road. Ample time will be provided for an audience Q&A session.
Pictured, AES 125th Convention Platinum Events Chair Paul Verna.
The 125th AES Convention will be held in San Francisco’s Moscone Center October 2-5, 2008. For information please visit www.aes.org
Currently celebrating its 60th anniversary, The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org