- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
AES Press Release: AES New York 2013
135th Audio Engineering Society Convention to Feature Project Studio Expo
For Release: October 16, 2013
— Presented in association with Sound On Sound, the Project Studio Expo is intended to assist home recordists in approaching their tools —
New York, NY — The 135th Audio Engineering Society Convention (Thursday, October 17, through Sunday, October 20, 2013, at the Javits Center in New York City) will feature the second annual Project Studio Expo, presented in association with Sound On Sound. The Project Studio Expo will include presentations by leading industry authors, journalists and educators, including Craig Anderton, Bill Gibson, Mike Metlay, Andrea Pejrolo, Gino Robair, Hugh Robjohns, Mike Senior, Paul White and more. Additionally, Craig Anderton will also host a Question-and-Answer session on Friday with five-time GRAMMY® Award winner and renowned record producer, songwriter, musician, and entrepreneur Jimmy Jam.
AES has a long history serving the recording community, from the early days of monophonic vinyl to today's modern multichannel digital audio formats. With the rise of project studios, many home recordists may be at a loss on how to approach their tools. The Project Studio Expo brings together the top people, tools and techniques, in order that attendees can learn best practices and tricks from the pros; talk to their toolmakers; and listen, learn, and connect with their peers. Topics will range from acoustics in small spaces to microphone placement, mixing, and mastering.
Sponsored by Cerwin-Vega, Focusrite/Novation, Gibson Brands, KRK Systems, Onkyo, SAE Institute, Sennheiser, Stanton and TASCAM, the Project Studio Expo is located on the show floor next to the exhibits.
Project Studio Expo Events:
- Friday, October 18, 11:00 am to 12:00 pm: It Won't Sound Right If You Don't Hear It Right: Studio Acoustics, Monitoring & Critical Listening
- Friday, October 18, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm: Total Tracking: Get it Right at Source
- Friday, October 18, 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm: Mixing Secrets: Production Tricks to Use with any DAW
- Friday, October 18, 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm: Modular Synthesizers: Creative Uses in the Studio
- Friday, October 18, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm: Master Your Tracks: DIY Results to Compete with the Pros
- Friday, October 18, 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm: You Ask, We Answer
- Saturday, October 19, 11:00 am to 12:00 pm: Keeping the Human Element in the Digital Age: Ways to Keep Music Sounding Alive and Interesting
- Saturday, October 19, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm: It Won't Sound Right If You Don't Hear It Right: Studio Acoustics, Monitoring & Critical Listening
- Saturday, October 19, 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm: Take Your Studio On Stage: Live Performance with Laptops, Looping Pedals & Other Studio Tech
- Saturday, October 19, 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm: How to Create, Produce, and Distribute Your Music Completely in the Cloud
- Saturday, October 19, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm: Loudness, Levels, and Metering
- Saturday, October 19, 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm: Ask the Editors
For more information on the Project Studio Expo, please visit http://www.aes.org/events/135/projectstudioexpo/. For further information on the 135th AES International Convention, please visit http://www.aes.org/events/135/.
About the Audio Engineering Society
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 and now counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. Currently, its members are affiliated with more than 75 AES professional sections and more than 95 AES student sections around the world. Section activities may include guest speakers, technical tours, demonstrations and social functions. Through local AES section events, members experience valuable opportunities for professional networking and personal growth. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org.