- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
AES Press Release: AES New York 2013
135th Audio Engineering Society Convention to Feature First-Ever "Systems Sound Symposium" Sessions
For Release: September 9, 2013
— Sponsored by Systems Contractor News, the SCN Systems Sound Symposium offers a day of panel sessions that provide real-world experience and practical knowledge on the most pertinent AV business and technology trends of today —
— In its inaugural year, the SCN Systems Sound Symposium events will provide a comprehensive look at one of pro audio’s fastest growing sectors —
New York, NY — The 135th Audio Engineering Society Convention (Thursday, October 17, through Sunday, October 20, 2013, at the Javits Center in New York City) this year will present the first comprehensive look at one of professional audio’s most robust market sectors. Sponsored by Systems Contractor News, the SCN Systems Sound Symposium, will bring together leaders in the business of installed AV, with an emphasis on how installed sound is expanding the professional audio industry. Running from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. on Sunday, October 20, 2013, the SCN Systems Sound Symposium is a full day of panel sessions finely tuned to offer real-world experience and practical knowledge about the most pertinent AV business and technology trends of today. Four in-depth panel discussions will address the opportunities and issues affecting business growth and profitability in the near and long term. AV integrators, consultants and others in attendance will benefit from a program featuring relevant topics with compelling speakers that are changing the commercial audio business. The Systems Sound Symposium is open to all Exhibits-Plus badge-holders (free with registration in advance).
“The SCN Systems Sound Symposium will add a new dimension to the AES Show by more completely integrating what is an incredibly successful market sector further into the larger pro audio landscape,” explains Kirsten Nelson, Editor, Systems Contractor News. “From music clubs to restaurants to theaters and hotels and more, installed sound is part of the fabric of our day-to-day existence. It’s a massive market with a global reach, and one also intimately intertwined with the music industry, so it’s very appropriate that installed sound become a larger part of professional audio’s largest show – the AES Convention.”
The panel topic and presenter line-up for the SCN Systems Sound Symposium represents the many diverse aspects of installed sound. Topics include:
- How Expertise in Intelligibility Measurement Can Build Your AV Integration Business, featuring Robert Badenoch of Shen Milsom & Wilke, among other notable speakers.
- Big in NYC – How the Metro Area’s Premier AV Installations Influence the Industry, which will feature AV integrators, consultants and manufacturers in a discussion moderated by Felix Robinson of AVI-SPL, examining how top-level sound systems in clubs, performing arts venues, retail outlets, restaurants, stadiums, houses of worship, and boardrooms in the Big Apple represent the cutting-edge of systems implementation.
- The Practicalities of Networked Audio in Permanent Installations, featuring presentations from Lee Minich, Lab X Technologies/AVnu Alliance; Kevin Gross, AVA Networks; Josh Evans, Lab.gruppen/Tannoy; and moderated by Karl Winkler, Lectrosonics.
- Beyond Background Music – Designing Sonically Driven Spaces, Production Wireless Systems: Tips and Tricks from the Experts including Sam Berkow, SIA Acoustics; David Schwartz, Essential Communications; Ben Bausher, JaffeHolden Acoustics; and moderated by Josh Evans, Lab.gruppen/Tannoy.
For further detailed information on SCN Systems Sound Symposium presentations and programs and how they can broaden your horizons as an audio professional, visit http://www.aes.org/events/135/systems/. For further information on the 135th AES International Convention, or to Register for your Exhibits-Plus (free) or All-Access badge, please visit http://www.aes.org/events/135/.
About the Audio Engineering Society
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 and now counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. Currently, its members are affiliated with more than 75 AES professional sections and more than 95 AES student sections around the world. Section activities may include guest speakers, technical tours, demonstrations and social functions. Through local AES section events, members experience valuable opportunities for professional networking and personal growth. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org.
AES Public Relations:
Tel: 615-662-1616, Fax: 615-662-1636,
Tel: 615-662-1616, Fax: 615-662-1636,
Clyne Media, Inc.,
169-B Belle Forest Circle, Nashville, TN 37221;