- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- Networks - High-performance streaming audio-over-IP interoperability; AES67-xxxx DRAFT REVISION proposed for comment
- Universal jack for 6,35 mm plugs; AES-14id-2010 proposed for reaffirmation
- Measurement of digital audio equipment; AES17 draft revision proposed for comment
- Spatial acoustic data file format; AES69-2015 published
AES Press Release: AES San Francisco 2012
Bob Ludwig Platinum Panel To Address 'Mastered For iTunes'
For Release: August 14, 2012
Mastering Pros To Clarify Misunderstood Initiative
SAN FRANCISCO: The Mastered For iTunes initiative, one of the most significant, yet misunderstood innovations developed for the ubiquitous music distribution format, will be the subject of an essential Special Event planned for the 133rd AES Convention. Scheduled for October 26–29 in SF’s Moscone Center, the Convention will provide 20,000+ music industry pro’s with timely and definitive information on a plethora of creative and technical issues. Convention Special Events Chair, Christopher Smith, reports, “One of our most important presentations is this year’s Platinum Mastering event. Long-time moderator Bob Ludwig has developed a panel discussion to assess and clarify the relevance and value of this vital new Apple iTunes process. Attendance at this Special Event should be required by every pro engineer who hopes to keep current with critical innovations.”
MASTERING APPLE INC.'s "MASTERED FOR iTUNES" INITIATIVE – THE SCIENCE, THE PROCEDURES AND THE RESULTS: Moderator, Gateway Mastering President, Bob Ludwig (Springsteen, Stones, Radiohead, Mumford & Sons), will helm a vital discussion with leading mastering engineers including Eric Boulanger (Colby Caillat, Chris Botti, The Bravery). Other panelists tba. Apple's iTunes Store is the world’s largest music vendor. Last year, with the introduction of Colbie Caillat's All of You download, they began selling higher fidelity AAC encodes at no additional cost to consumers. Some mastering and recording engineers have misunderstood this process. Additionally, a surprising amount of misguided press about what it does and does not do has been generated. Considering Apple's market share, every mastering engineer should understand this vital new procedure. The Apple "Mastered for iTunes" initiative is based on 100% solid science and it can yield AAC encodes so close to the 44kHz/24 bit PCM encode masters that many have failed an A-B-X listening test. A Q&A will follow this timely discussion.
Photo: AES Platinum Mastering Panel Moderator, Bob Ludwig
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org