- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- Networks - High-performance streaming audio-over-IP interoperability; AES67-xxxx DRAFT REVISION proposed for comment
- Universal jack for 6,35 mm plugs; AES-14id-2010 proposed for reaffirmation
- Measurement of digital audio equipment; AES17 draft revision proposed for comment
- Spatial acoustic data file format; AES69-2015 published
AES Press Release
AES Expands To China
For Release: July 10, 2012
New Beijing Section Exemplifies International Growth
BEIJING: AES Regions & Sections Chair, Peter Cook, has concluded a series of meetings in Beijing, which have resulted in the formation of the first Audio Engineering Society Section in mainland China.
Early this year, Shusen Wang, a long-time AES member, VP of a Beijing broadcasting company, and a leading professional audio consultant there, contacted Mr. Cook to explore the possibility of establishing a Beijing Section. In late May, Cook made two AES presentations to members of the China Audio and Video Association (CAVA). Following those meetings a group of over 25 Chinese AES members from Beijing and other cities discussed a Beijing Section with Cook. Mr. Wang was unanimously invited to chair the Section.
“The seriousness and passion demonstrated by the AES members I met with in Beijing was deeply impressive,” Peter Cook reveals. “They are fully committed to all the fundamental elements that make the AES an invaluable forum for professional audio. They enthusiastically recommended highly qualified local vice-chairs to be responsible for: Education, Research, Broadcast Applications and other areas of universal AES concern.” Cook adds, “I was genuinely taken aback when they conveyed the huge size of China’s professional audio community. This initial Beijing Section may mark the beginning of a substantial AES expansion in China. Their concerns for the importance of an AES affiliation were humbling.”
Shusen Wang applauds Cook’s recommendations, and has already begun to map out a program to incorporate them. “We will work closely with the AES parent organization to introduce Chinese experts to relevant Technical Committees; to invite them to submit research papers; to introduce Chinese stake-holders to Standards Committee chairs; and, do everything possible to ensure the success of first-time Chinese exhibitors at AES Conventions,” Mr. Wang said.
“The AES has many individual members in China. We believe our new Beijing Section will sustain a long and mutually beneficial on-going relationship with China’s professional audio community,” concludes AES executive director Bob Moses. “This move exemplifies our plan to expand the AES mission and support our ongoing effectiveness throughout Asia and The Far East.”
Pictured at a meeting of the China Audio & Video Association, bottom row center Peter Cook with Shusen Wang to his right.
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org