- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- Networks - High-performance streaming audio-over-IP interoperability; AES67-xxxx DRAFT REVISION proposed for comment
- Universal jack for 6,35 mm plugs; AES-14id-2010 proposed for reaffirmation
- Measurement of digital audio equipment; AES17 draft revision proposed for comment
- Spatial acoustic data file format; AES69-2015 published
AES Press Release: AES San Francisco 2012
AES Announces Student Design Competition
For Release: June 22, 2012
Blue Ribbon Panel To Select Winning Innovations At 133rd Convention Oct. 26 - 29
SAN FRANCISCO: Aspiring student engineers from around the globe will vie for the opportunity to jumpstart their careers at the Audio Engineering Society’s 133rd Convention at SF’s Moscone Center, Oct. 26-29. A blue-ribbon panel of pro audio manufacturers, product designers and end users will review innovative Student Design Competition hardware and software designs in search of the most audacious, innovative and useful new product ideas.
“Student new product entries have always been integral components of AES Conventions", reports Committee Education Co-Chair John Krivit. “We are making a special effort this year to raise the bar. The deadline for submissions is October 1, 2012. Students will have the entire summer to conceive, develop and refine their dream products. Prizes will be awarded at the AES Convention on October 28 and students must attend the Convention to be considered for the finals.”
All students will have the opportunity to display their projects at the Convention’s tabletop exhibition. Entrants must register as students for the full Convention technical program, but AES membership is not required for entry submission. For a complete list of AES Student Design Competition rules and deadlines visit: http://bit.ly/PzG7tz. For additional questions regarding the competition please contact: Colin Pfund at email@example.com.
With over 14,000 members worldwide, the AES is the largest international group of audio professionals. The advancement of professional audio education is a continuing AES focus. Many leading colleges, universities and leading technology schools maintain active AES Student Sections. Annual U.S. Conventions alternate between East and West Coasts. These events attract Gold, Platinum and Grammy Award-winning engineers, producers and artists, along with leading manufacturers from around the world. For details on the upcoming Convention please visit: www.aes.org
Photo: 133rd AES Convention Committee Education Co-Chair John Krivit
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org