- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
AES Press Release: AES New York 2011
AES Posts iPhone & Android Apps to Cover Convention Events and Ongoing Timely News
For Release: October 12, 2011
NEW YORK: In an effort to provide 131st AES Convention attendees with up-to-the-minute details on Convention events, AES webmaster Steve Johnson has coordinated the development of a mobile app that will work on iOS devices, such as the iPhone and iPad, plus most Android devices. Available for free download at the Apple and Android stores or via links on the Audio Engineering Society website, the app is loaded with extensive information about the 131st AES Convention, set for Oct. 20-23 at NY’s Javits Convention Center. Additionally, it will be updated frequently to provide ongoing news and videos to keep it a vital year-round AES information source.
The AES “News” tab includes convention news and a full list of exhibitors, plus maps of the technical sessions and the exhibition floor can be found in the “Photos” tab. The “Events” tab features the entire Convention Technical Program Calendar to enable attendees to add each session to their mobile device calendar. Each day’s events are grouped together, and each session includes a descriptive abstract and participant list.
In addition to information about the 131st Convention, the app’s “Video” tab features previews of “AES Oral Histories” interviews, the “Podcasts” tab has audio summaries of recent AES Journal issues, and a Twitter feed contains updates on late-breaking developments.
"A huge percentage of our members rely on smartphones to stay organized and get the latest AES news,” Johnson says. “These iPhone and Android apps are the next logical step in keeping them connected to the AES while on the go.”
Photo 1: AES Mobile App brings AES convention news to your iPhone or iPod touch
Photo 2: AES Mobile App is also available for Android devices
The 131st Audio Engineering Convention will be held in NY’s Jacob Javits Convention Center Thursday, October 20 thru Sunday, Oct. 23.
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org