- New "AES Portal" in Process of Being Rolled Out
- Take a moment to create your new Login today!
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
AES Press Release: AES New York 2011
AES Exclusive! Tony Bennett to Discuss New Duets II CD
For Release: October 5, 2011
WITH PRODUCER PHIL RAMONE AND ENGINEER DAE BENNETT
NEW YORK: On Thursday, October 20, 2:30 - 4:00 pm, the 131st AES Convention will host an exclusive dialogue with iconic recording star, Tony Bennett. The conversation will include legendary producer/engineer Phil Ramone, and celebrated recording engineer/studio owner/co-producer, Dae Bennett. The subject matter for this rare discourse will be the trio’s recent collaboration on Tony Bennett: Duets II. The just released CD features Bennett performing 17 standards with such superstars as Norah Jones, Sheryl Crow, Willie Nelson, Andrea Boccelli and Lady Gaga.
The event will highlight the first day of the 4-day Audio Engineering Society Convention at NY’ Javits Center.
A legendary star for over six decades, Tony Bennett has mined multiple gold records since the earliest days of his career. His ‘signature’ songs range from “Rags To Riches” to “I left My Heart In San Francisco.”
With 14 Grammy Awards and countless industry honors to his credit, including a technical Grammy for a lifetime of innovative contributions to the recording industry, Phil Ramone is one of the world’s most prolific and pioneering producer/engineers. His credits include work with artists ranging from Frank Sinatra, Ray Charles, Paul Simon, Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen to… Tony Bennett.
Photo 1: Tony Bennett
Photo 2: Phil Ramone
The 131st Audio Engineering Convention will be held in NY’s Jacob Javits Convention Center Thursday, October 20 thru Sunday, Oct. 23. For an in-depth preliminary calendar of events please visit: http://www.aes.org/events/131/calendar/calendar.cfm
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org