- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- Open Control Architecture - Part 3: Protocol for TCP/IP Networks; AES70-3-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Open Control Architecture - Part 2: Class structure; AES70-2-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Open Control Architecture - Part 1: Framework; AES70-1-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Audio-over-IP network interoperability; AES67 revision published
AES Press Release: AES Amsterdam 2008
Series of Live Sound Workshops
For Release: January 4, 2008
This Year’s Convention Program features a Spotlight on Audio and Live Sound
Amsterdam, January 2008: These days, high-quality sound reinforcement is a necessity in both live events such as concerts and shows and at larger corporate events. Live Sound plays a key role in the professional audio industry and represents the main business activity for many audio professionals. As a reflection of the growth of this field, the Audio Engineering Society’s Live Sound seminars, presentations, and meetings have enjoyed increasing popularity over the past few years.
The 124th AES Convention, which runs from May 17th to 20th, 2008, in Amsterdam, will once again present Live Sound as a focal point. A key area of the Live Sound Spotlight will be a three-day series of workshops focusing on the actual day-to-day work of a live sound professional. The goal is to provide both beginners in the field and working sound technicians, an opportunity to deepen their understanding of this fascinating topic.
The first day of these workshops will feature presentations and typical examples drawn from the daily lives of sound professionals, which will be followed by two days of practice-oriented activities. In contrast to the AES Live Sound seminars of the past years, participants at this year’s event will get a much closer hands-on experience. Throughout the event the presenters will cover the key areas of live sound, ranging from microphones to loudspeaker systems through mixing consoles and including the increasingly important digital networks.
As in the past years, the live sound workshops will be supported by experts from leading companies as well as engineers with international experience in the field. These workshops are chaired by Eberhard Müller (Neumann & Müller), Jürgen Wilhelm (Yamaha), Gregor Zielinsky (Sennheiser) and Ralf Zuleeg (d & b), who actively collaborated on the program.
These live sound workshops will be held in their own large room at the RAI, the International Exhibition and Congress Center, in Amsterdam.
The live sound spotlight will feature additional presentations ranging from paper sessions, tutorials, workshops and other elements that make up the established convention program, the details of which are still in production.
Please visit the Website of the Audio Engineering Society for more detailed information (http://www.aes.org).
Live Sound Workshop at the
124th AES Convention:
May 17th - 19th, 2008
Amsterdam RAI Congress Center
Additional press releases covering the AES Pro Audio Expo & Convention in Amsterdam as well as photos and further details will soon be available here:
European AES Press Relations
Phone: +49 221 940 43 72
Fax: +49 221 940 43 74