In This Section
- 135th AES Convention Hits A Five-Year High
- Convention takes a bite out of the Big Apple and reminds the industry that “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES”
- AES 2013 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2013 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 12th
- Recordings from AES Rome Jazz Concert Now Available
- Listen to the Greg Burk Jazz Trio in ImmersAV
52nd Conference on Sound Field Control - Engineering and Perception
Dates: September 2-4, 2013
Location: University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Chair: Francis Rumsey
A preliminary program can be viewed by clicking on "Program" below.
Sound field control enables the active management of audio delivered in an acoustical environment. Sophisticated signal processing and reproduction tools increasingly enable the engineer to tailor the sound field for specific applications, occupancy, or listeners' requirements. This can include the creation of independent sound zones in listening spaces, the active control of noise, personal communication systems, the electroacoustic manipulation of auditorium acoustics, and the generation of complex spatial sound fields using multi-channel audio systems. Application areas include automotive audio, consumer entertainment systems, mobile devices, aircraft interiors, concert halls, museums, and other public venues. All this raises questions such as how sound fields can be controlled without detriment to sound quality, what the perceptual effects of different methods of control might be, and how to optimize systems for a specific quality of experience.
Find us on Facebook.
The conference was sponsored by: