In This Section
Synthetic Reverberator - January 1960
Sound Board: High-Resolution Audio - October 2015
Synchronized Swept-Sine: Theory, Application, and Implementation - October 2015
AES Member Profile
- Educational Institutions - Educator
- Acoustics, Psychoacoustics, Hearing - Hearing and Hearing Loss Prevention
- Acoustics, Psychoacoustics, Hearing - Measurement and Instrumentation
- Consumer - Home
- Consumer - Internet
- Consumer - Telecommunications Software
- Product Design & Manufacturing - Software
- Product Design & Manufacturing - Hardware
Michele Scarpiniti is an Assistant Professor with the Information and Communication (INFOCOM) Department of the University of Rome "La Sapienza".
He got the "Laurea" degree "com laude" in Electrical Engineering and the Ph.D. in Information and Communication Engineering from the Engineering Faculty of the University of Rome "La Sapienza" in 2005 and 2009 respectively.
In 2008 he became an Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering with the INFOCOM Dpt. of the University of Rome "La Sapienza".
Michele Scarpiniti's current research interests are in the field of nonlinear signal processing, circuit and algorithms for audio signal processing, array signal processing and blind source separation. In particular, concerning the latter topic, the research activity concerned with the study of theory and algorithms for blind source separation: the research activity focused both on the theoretic separability of linear and nonlinear mixtures, instantaneous and convolutive mixtures, real and complex mixtures, and the implementation of unsupervised algorithms for the separation of such mixtures.
Other research interests concerned with the monophonic/stereophonic echo cancellation in adverse environment and in presence of strong nonlinear distortion and with the acoustic source localization.
The research activity was taken in the sphere of several strategic projects; the most important are the following:
- "Tecniche di swarm intelligence per la localizzazione e l'inseguimento di sorgenti sonore in ambiente riverberante", 2006, coordinator Prof. R, Parisi;
- "Funzioni non lineari flessibili per la elaborazione cieca dei segnali", 2007, coordinator Prof. A. Uncini;
- "Scansione e analisi della scena acustica tramite schiere di microfoni", 2008, coordinator Prof. R. Parisi;
- "Separazione di sorgenti vocali in ambienti riverberanti", 2008, coordinator M. Scarpiniti;
- "Separazione di sorgenti vocali in ambienti riverberanti", 2009, coordinator M. Scarpiniti.
Michele Scarpiniti's current didactic activity concerned with several seminars for the following courses: "Electrical Engineering", "Circuits and Algorithms for Signal Processing", "Audio Signal Processing" and "Neural Networks". From 2008/2009 he teaches "Electrical Engineering" in the course of Safe Engineering and from 2009/2010 he teaches "Laboratory for Multimedia Elaboration" in the course of Communication Engineering.
Moreover Michele Scarpiniti is a member of "Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers" (IEEE), of "Audio Engineering Society" (AES) and of "Società Italiana Reti Neuroniche" (SIREN).
From 2006 he has served as a reviewer for these journals: IEEE Signal Processing Letters, IEEE Communications Letters, Neurocomputing, Neural Networks, Entropy, and several international conferences.
AES Member Profiles
If you are an AES member and would like to create your own AES member profile like this one then click here.