- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
- Binaural Listening Trends Tracked at 140th International Audio Engineering Society Convention
- An ever-expanding aspect of present-day audio
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
AES Press Release: AES New York 2009
AES Set To Tweet 127th Convention Updates
For Release: September 29, 2009
96K/24-Bit Quality News Compressed to 140 Characters
Literary Embodiment of MP3 – Calendar of Events iCalendar Accessible*
NEW YORK: 127th AES Convention Chair Agnieszka Roginska, has announced that AES Webmaster Steve Johnson and President Jim Anderson have arranged for the Convention’s comprehensive Calendar of Events to be available in digital format. "Attendees will be able to access the 127th Calendar using iCalendar technology, and then access it directly on their mobile phone or personal calendar using applications such as iCal or Google Calendar."
“The connectivity options have been designed for ultimate flexibility,” Dr. Roginska explains. “Attendees can subscribe to an individual Workshop or Tutorial track, or as many as they wish. "For example, to subscribe to workshops visit: http://www.aes.org/events/127/program/ and click on the "subscribe to iCalendar" link next to the Workshops line."
In the spirit of further digitizing the Convention, Webmaster Johnson has enabled Convention Chairs to make extensive use of Twitter throughout the 4 day (Oct. 9-12) event at the Javits Center. To follow the 127th Convention on Twitter click on http://twitter.com/AESorg “We’ll be able to send tweets to let everyone know ‘what's going on right now, and what’s coming right up’ at the convention in 140-character-long news bursts,” Johnson reports.
-* this headline – exactly 140 characters!
Photo: AES Webmaster Steve Johnson
The 127th AES Convention will be held at NY’s Javits Convention Center Oct. 9 – 12, 2009.
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org