- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- Networks - High-performance streaming audio-over-IP interoperability; AES67-xxxx DRAFT REVISION proposed for comment
- Universal jack for 6,35 mm plugs; AES-14id-2010 proposed for reaffirmation
- Measurement of digital audio equipment; AES17 draft revision proposed for comment
- Spatial acoustic data file format; AES69-2015 published
AES Press Release: AES New York 2009
AES 127th Convention Opens Call For Paper Proposals
For Release: March 23, 2009
June 5th Deadline for Abstracts
NEW YORK: In a continuing effort to extend the scope of AES Convention Technical Papers, Committee Chair Agnieszka Roginska and Papers Sessions Co-Chairs, Veronique Larcher and Steven Garrett have issued an open call to the professional audio community for technical papers proposals.
“The volume of Papers submissions is always high,” Veronique Larcher says. “However, by casting our net to a wider segment of the industry and educational sector we hope to expand our program by adding worthwhile subjects which may not be on the universal radar.”
An increased pool of submissions raises the bar for quality as well as diversity. “Meaningful papers can originate from sources beyond traditional academia,” Steven Garrett adds. “Our goal is to cover as many categories and issues as possible and, to develop a singularly comprehensive and authoritative catalog.”
Agnieszka Roginska emphasizes that “In addition to sharing knowledge and opening constructive dialogues on issues which impact on the professional audio community, presenting authors will have their Papers included on the CD-ROM of the full Papers / Posters Program, and, student members will be eligible for the Student Paper Award.”
Papers are presented in two distinct formats: (1) Formal lectures before an audience of 50 to 250 attendees followed by brief Q&A’s or (2) Poster sessions, highly-detailed presentations designed for greater interaction between the author and groups of 12 to 15 members.
Papers topics are open to the following categories: Applications in Audio; Audio Processing; Recording Production and Reproduction; Audio Equipment; Perception; Emerging Audio Technologies. For details on submission requirements visit www.aes.org/127th_authors
The 127th Audio Engineering Society Convention will be held Oct. 9 – 12, 2009 at New York’s Jacob Javits Convention Center.
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org