- 135th AES Convention Hits A Five-Year High
- Convention takes a bite out of the Big Apple and reminds the industry that “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES”
- AES 2013 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2013 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 12th
- Recordings from AES Rome Jazz Concert Now Available
- Listen to the Greg Burk Jazz Trio in ImmersAV
AES Press Release: AES Rome 2013
Rome 2013 — 134th AES Convention Amplifies Spatial Sound
For Release: May 1, 2013
ROME: “Reviewing the many authoritative papers and workshops submitted for the 134th AES Convention, the Committee recognized a prevalence of 3-D Sound-related proposals,” reveals AES Executive Director Bob Moses. “It became apparent that we had enough perceptive, well-researched events to establish a formal Spatial Sound Track.” “By assembling nearly two dozen-papers and four timely workshops into a dedicated bloc, we can direct 3-D Sound-focused attendees to a comprehensive overview on this topical field.” The 134th AES Convention will be held May 4–7 at Rome’s Fontana di Trevi Conference Centre.
Spatial Sound Track Paper Sessions Include:
• Recording & Production
• Spatial Audio – Part 1: Binaural
• Spatial Audio – Part 2: 3-D Microphone and Loudspeaker Systems
• Spatial Audio – Part 3: Ambisonics, WFS
• Applications of 3-D Audio in Automotive
• Properties of Auro 3-D Room Signals
• Bernstein and Beethoven in 3-D
• 3-D Audio: Produce the New Dimension
Visit: http://www.aes.org/events/134/spatialsound/ for a complete list of events.
For Convention details visit the Preliminary Events Calendar at: http://www.aes.org/events/134/calendar/calendar.cfm
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org