- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
- Binaural Listening Trends Tracked at 140th International Audio Engineering Society Convention
- An ever-expanding aspect of present-day audio
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
AES Press Release: AES San Francisco 2012
AES Launches Mobile Convention App For SF Convention
For Release: September 27, 2012
Provides Universal Convention Details + Total Connectivity
SAN FRANCISCO: The 133rd AES Mobile Convention will empower exhibitors and attendees with virtually unlimited connectivity and flexibility. Coordinated by AES CIO Steve Johnson, this ‘must have’ App delivers instant access to every aspect of the event, from fast breaking program updates to comprehensive details on technical programs, tours and special events. The App also features a user-friendly option for locating exhibitors on the show floor, even when Internet access isn’t available.
“Another new feature is clickable presenter names, enabling rapid access to background credits for every session participant. Changes for the exhibition are even more dramatic,” Johnson says. ”The App provides detailed information on each exhibitor, and accelerates downloading of brochures, videos and news releases. Another new button jumps users directly to specific booth locations on the show floor map. It also provides convention news bulletins, a Twitter feed following the #AESorg hashtag, and much more,” Johnson adds.
The AES 133rd Mobile Convention is available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Android. Blackberry and other Smartphone users can utilize a mobile web version optimized for those devices. The app is available immediately, and can be downloaded free from the AES website.
In addition, the AES has developed a wide range of Exhibitor opportunities designed to help their companies stand out from the crowd. Options range from uploading logos and brochures, to banner ads and video presentations. More information can be found on the San Francisco exhibitor website.
Photo: The 133rd AES Mobile Convention App
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org