- Early Registration Pricing for AES Paris Convention Extended to May 26 — Expanded Exhibits Hall and Tech Program Offerings for Free and Premium Badges
- Early Registration Pricing for AES Paris Convention Extended to May 26
- AES to Hold First International Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality – Paper Proposal Deadline Extended to May 23rd
- Conference to focus on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
AES Press Release
Beth Nielsen Chapman To Cap Nashville Recording Workshop + Expo
For Release: February 8, 2012
Early Bird Deadline Extended Through February 17
NASHVILLE: AES Nashville has announced the capstone session of the Nashville Recording Workshop + Expo 2012 will feature internationally acclaimed singer/songwriter/recording artist Beth Nielsen Chapman. Chapman’s session will follow the creative process from start to finish on a select track from her 2007 release, Prism. Where the first NRW+E Progression Of a Project session (with keynote speaker, Keb Mo’ and his engineer, John Schirmer) will focus on the development of a tune entirely within a personal production space, Chapman’s session will begin from a similar starting point then follow the project through tracking, mixing and mastering, illuminating the production elements added at each stage by a number of professional participants including tracking engineer Trina Shoemaker and mix engineer David Leonard.
The Nashville Recording Workshop +Expo offers a compelling two-day recording workshop and gear exposition focused on getting the most from your personal studio recording environment. AES Nashville, in conjunction with Audio Engineering Society, Inc. in New York, is presenting this industry event on March 2 & 3, 2012 at the Rocketown event center at 601 4th Ave. South. NRW+E presenters include leading producers, engineers, acousticians, songwriters, and musicians sharing their professional techniques and knowledge in a program designed to boost creativity and the technical prowess of recording musicians, songwriters laying down demos, and professional engineers working in personal production spaces. Additional breakout sessions will include tracks covering business and legal issues, and essential info on studio infrastructure.
Chapman’s decade-spanning career includes not only her own body of work as a solo artist, but also a huge body of songwriting credits including tunes for artists such as Bonnie Raitt, Emmylou Harris, Bette Midler, Elton John, Neil Diamond, Trisha Yearwood, Martina McBride, The Indigo Girls, Michael McDonald, Amy Grant, Keb Mo’, Roberta Flack, Waylon Jennings, Faith Hill (including “This Kiss,” a Grammy nominee, and ASCAP’s 1999 Song Of The Year) and Willie Nelson. Chapman was the recipient of the Nashville NAMMY award for Songwriter of the Year in 1999. Additionally, her work has been featured in numerous network television productions and in major motion pictures. The Prism 2-CD set, to be featured at NRW+E, was a ten-year labor of love that resulted in a two-disc collection of songs in 9 languages each focused on a path to faith. Beth also teaches workshops internationally on songwriting and creativity and serves on the Honorary Board of Healthy Child Healthy World (healthychild.org).
“Early Bird” registration for AES members and members of participating professional songwriter, performance, musician and engineering organizations is $79, non-members is $99, student members is $39, and non-member students is $59. Early registration has been extended through February 17, 2012. Full program listings, information on registering and on booking an exhibition are online.
Nashville Recording Workshop: www.nashvillerecordingworkshop.com
Beth Nielsen Chapman: www.bethnielsenchapman.com
(photo by Judith Burrows)