- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- Networks - High-performance streaming audio-over-IP interoperability; AES67-xxxx DRAFT REVISION proposed for comment
- Universal jack for 6,35 mm plugs; AES-14id-2010 proposed for reaffirmation
- Measurement of digital audio equipment; AES17 draft revision proposed for comment
- Spatial acoustic data file format; AES69-2015 published
AES Press Release: AES New York 2011
Stars Shine For AES - Special Appearance By Judy Collins
For Release: October 14, 2011
Discussion Will Focus On New “Bohemian” CD
NEW YORK: AES Convention Chair Jim Anderson has announced another major coup in attracting iconic artists to participate in the upcoming 131st Convention. On Friday, Oct. 21, from 10:30AM to 11:30AM, internationally celebrated writer/performer Judy Collins will participate in a rare one-on-one interview with music journalist Jason King. The discussion will focus on “Bohemian,” Collins’ upcoming CD release.
It was once said that "If amethysts could sing, they would sound like Judy Collins.” Indeed, Collins has been a folk and pop music icon and a powerful influence on several generations of musicians and listeners. Her ethereal performances and top-selling recordings of songs like "Both Sides Now" and "Send in the Clowns" ultimately helped make songwriters like Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, and Stephen Sondheim become household names.
Now in the fifth decade of her career, Collins is about to release "Bohemian," her new album on the heels of her critically acclaimed 2009 release "Paradise." Judy will chat with Jason King, music journalist, Artistic Director and Associate Professor of NYU's Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music, about her life, career, and the making of the new album. The discussion will be highlighted by cuts from the forthcoming CD.
In making the announcement, Jim Anderson remarked, “The AES has always drawn major artists including Peter Gabriel, Stevie Wonder, Jackson Browne and Mick Fleetwood. But they are generally focused on visiting the Exhibits or working with specific manufacturers. This year’s show has attracted a trio of superstar participants, Tony Bennett, Ben Folds and now Judy Collins. We are extremely fortunate to provide their insights to our attendees.”
Photo: Iconic recording star Judy Collins will participate in an AES Convention interview on Friday, Oct. 21 from 10:30AM to 11:30AM.
The 131st Audio Engineering Convention will be held in NY’s Jacob Javits Convention Center Thursday, October 20 thru Sunday, Oct. 23. For a comprehensive preliminary calendar of events, please visit: http://www.aes.org/events/131/calendar/calendar.cfm
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org