Meeting Topic: The Art Institute of Vancouver Tour
Moderator Name: Gary Barclay
Speaker Name: Andrew Czink, Recording Arts Academic Director, The Art Institute of Vancouver??
Meeting Location: The Art Institute of Vancouver?, 242 East 2nd Avenue, ?Vancouver, BC
Welcoming address and introductions by Gary Barclay
Introductory remarks and tour of the campus, focusing on the audio facilities, by Andrew Czink.
1) Control Room 1: 5.1 Post Production Suite, with ProControl
2) Foley/ADR Room
3) Mixing Suite: running both Logic and ProTools using Euphonics Control
4) Control Room 2: 5.1 Music Production Room with SSL Duality
5) Studio 'live' room
6) Control Room 3: Stereo Music Production Room with Oram 4T
7) Introduction to Audio Technology classroom with Oram 4T and RADAR
9) Two ProTools editing labs
10) Two Logic Pro based keyboard synthesizer labs
11) Screening/lecture room
12) Equipment Room
Refreshments were provided by the The Art Institute of Vancouver café contractor.
Four members of the AES Executive Committee were present: Gary Barclay, Paul Alegado, Maria Ho, and Gary Osborne. Photos of the event were taken by Maria Ho.
Written By: Gary Barclay