Meeting Topic: Regular Meeting
Moderator Name: Bill Schulenburg
Meeting Location: CJ Muggs Restaurant St. Louis MO
The Chairman's Report was presented by Bill Schulenburg.
The Webster student summit (CRASS) is this month, March 27-29, 2020.
The Vice-Chair Report was presented by Paul Hennerich.
The Vice-Chair suggested potentially changing the meeting format with a change for informal networking and socializing at every meeting with continued emphasis on attracting a broader range of attendees and focus on making the meetings a "can't miss" event. The Vice-Chair suggested special topics or events on even months.
The Treasurer Report was presented by Bill Schulenburg.
There is currently ~$196 in the treasury. The Chapter was unable to secure money in the budget to get a sponsored speaker for the Student Summit; however, the Chapter did secure a Distinguished Speakers Grant from International AES for $500 to pay for the flight for a speaker. The Chapter will cover the speaker's hotel accommodations. The AES 2020 form was unavailable online, but the Treasurer will continue to try to submit the budget proposal to International AES.
The Event Committee Reports was presented by Josh Harris.
The Event Committee is working on putting together the following events:
• Attend a concert at Jazz St. Louis that will be live streamed by Pan Galactic Company with a tour of the recording studio before the show.
• Powell Hall tour in April
The Outreach Committee Report was presented by Bill Schulenburgh.
Bill Schulenburgh substituted for the absent Kayla Rogers and presented her notes to the Chapter. Kayla is currently working on constructing a new Facebook page for the Chapter, so be on the look out for that invitation to like the pate. This will be an official business page for the Chapter separate from our Facebook Group page.
• The GEARage Sale is still in consideration, but will need further planning.
New Business and Announcements:
• Hannah Gallop, Webster student AES President, announced that the student mixing compition song is now available. The Webster AES Student Section now has a new url: aeswebster.org, go check that out and expect to see CRASS registration and schedule on the site within the next couple of days.
For the Good of the Chapter:
• Ben Majchrzak suggested having speakers that covered broader range of topics and speakers such as having an attorney familiar with music licencing speak; speakers for how to build a small business; an account familiar with tax regulations for audio pros speak; etc.
Member Led Discussion:
Paul Hennerich summited a question that came from request for discussion from Facebook, discussion the use of SM58 as a live vocal mic.