Apogee Electronics Corporation - Technical Program Manager
Posted On: 2020-5-28 Location: Santa Monica, California
Technical Program Manager
Defining the Art of Digital Audio Since 1985
Apogee Electronics, an award-winning designer and manufacturer of professional digital audio equipment, is seeking an experienced and proven leader to run its sales and channel marketing departments. Working out of our sunny Santa Monica, CA office, this position has a direct impact on our brand and the quality of the products we are known for. Products like Symphony I/O, Quartet, Duet, ONE, JAM and MiC have powered many of the world’s most respected studios and have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning performances by today’s biggest artists.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to bring expertise in managing workplace technology programs that improve workplace delivery and performance. You will be responsible for directing and overseeing programs and ensuring that they meet organizational goals and requirements. A key expectation for this role is to investigate and evaluate innovative technologies and systems that provide an enhanced employee experience and drive the optimization of workplace programs. You will develop and implement processes and policies, and work with stakeholders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs. You will establish strategic partnerships with other organizations, including Development and IT teams.
• Proactively identify and recommend initiatives that improve service, reduce costs, improve quality, reduce risks, or enhance the effectiveness of the workplace.
• Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communication to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments.
• Look for opportunities to leverage technology to achieve business unit objectives.
• Set meeting agendas for key decisions to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Support the development and implementation of standardized/best practice processes that create repeatable efficiencies.
• Assemble complete project packages for approval: inclusive of a defined business objective, scope of work, detailed cost estimates, project schedule, and drawings/documents as required.
• Manage the development and execution of projects from investigation, development, approval, and execution- resolving any issues that arise, managing to the approved scope, schedule, and budget.
• Resource plan and manage: budgets, capacity management (resources vs workload), risk management, the introduction of new projects, closure of existing projects.
• Ensure a consistent project management approach is in place in all functions: Project scoring and prioritization models, Project/management processes and tools.
• Collect knowledge and lessons learned from projects and update organizational assets.
• Conduct the planning, execution, and finalization of projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
• Plan, manage, and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, troubleshoot problem areas, and manage through contention.
• Help define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
• Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• BA/BS degree in a technical field
• 10+ years of technical project/program management experience
• Understanding of Electrical Engineering
• Experience with Embedded Processors
• Proficient with Omnify Empower PLM
• Manage day to day vendor relations, performance, and project expectations
• Experience with MFi technologies
• Understanding of wireless and Bluetooth technologies
• Understanding of data models, database design development
• Knowledge of data and infrastructure security
• Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts. (Agile, Scrum, SDLC)
• Excellent team player able to work with others of different backgrounds to find solutions to complex problems
• Expertise managing sensitive issues and communicating with senior leaders
• Clear and effective communicator, both in verbal and written form
• Demonstrates the ability to listen to others to understand their perspectives, to define and communicate objectives and programs effectively, and persuade vendors and contractors to perform and meet commitments.
• Self-motivated and performance-driven; willing to take necessary actions to deliver on commitments
• Understanding of Mechanical Engineering
• Offshore manufacturing experience
The PMO supports some of the most complex, challenging, and cross-functional decisions and programs at Apogee. When needed, members of the PMO will roll up their sleeves and work hand-in-hand with engineering and operations to solve issues that arise.
• High energy, creative environment
• Competitive salary package
• Full benefits medical
• Opportunity for growth and longevity
• Environmentally friendly office (60% of our power comes from solar energy)
• Willing to consider relocation for the right candidate
• Opportunity to bike or walk to work (depending on where you live) in bike/walk friendly Santa Monica
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Apogee is a Santa Monica 2017 Grand Prize Sustainable Quality Award Winner and a member of the Green Business Certification Program. Many Apogee staff members are musicians and have an extensive background in the professional audio and recording industry, including sound engineering and producing.
Willingness to travel up to 10%
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Apogee may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
How to Apply:
Find out more about Apogee, www.apogeedigital.com
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention AES001378 when applying for this position.