- Specifications Discussion:
- Exploring terms, methods & definitions of power ratings. - a big topic
- Track and recommend standards development for audio networking
- Assemble and organize workshops and other AES convention activities related to audio networking
- Parametric Multi-Channel/Multi-Object Audio Coding
- Coding of 3D Audio Signals
- Low Delay General Audio Coding
- Combined Audio/Speech Coding
The Technical Committee of Studio Practices and Production is currently collaborating with the Producer's and Engineers Wing of the Recording Academy in several areas.
In the area of Master Delivery Recommendations, we support a best-practices document that is released to both the AES and the NARAS constituencies.
Also, we are currently developing high-resolution, surround demonstrations for the upcoming AES Convention in San Francisco in the fall of 2006. These demonstrations will be hands-on with broad interaction between the audiencees and well-known practitioners in the field.
At this moment the TCMA is providing input for workshops, tutorials, etc. to be held in conjunction with society conventions.
- Max SPL
- Automotive loudspeaker measurements
- Common best practice
- Organizing a 2nd International AES Conference on Hearing and Hearing Loss Prevention. Anticipated Date: Late 2015 to early 2016
- Re-starting an program to provide hearing screening testing at AES Conventions in the US and Europe, on a permanent basis.
- Organize a Special issue of JAES on hearing and Hearing Loss Prevention topics.
- To extend knowledge of audio forensic practice and techniques world-wide
- To identify areas requiring additional research
- To bring together professionals and students in the area of audio forensics
- To encourage publication of papers, and to arrange tutorials, conferences and workshops, within the AES
- To support standards committees on forensic audio via fostering of refereed journal publications
Standards work to produce a modern, workable, and accurate procedure to test and calibrate a sound system is underway as SC-04-08.
Cinema Loudness: A draft document proposing a new Standard for measurement of cinema soundtrack loudness, proposed by Eelco Grimm and Florian Camerer, was referred by the TC to Standards at the New York Convention.
Subbass Loudness/Measurement: We are continuing to have discussions on this issue, raised at the 57th Conference in Hollywood and discussed in New York.