In This Section
- Acoustics and Sound Reinforcement
- Archiving Restoration and Digital Libraries
- Audio for Games
- Audio for Telecommunications
- Audio Forensics
- Automotive Audio
- Coding of Audio Signals
- Electro Magnetic Compatibility
- Fiber Optics for Audio
- Hearing and Hearing Loss Prevention
- High Resolution Audio
- Human Factors in Audio Systems
- Loudspeakers and Headphones
- Microphones and Applications
- Network Audio Systems
- Perception and Subjective Evaluation of Audio Signals
- Recording Technology and Practices
- Semantic Audio Analysis
- Signal Processing
- Sound for Digital Cinema and Television
- Spatial Audio
- Transmission and Broadcasting
Technical Committees: Current Areas Of Work
- Parametric Multi-Channel Audio Coding
- Parametric Multi-Object Audio Coding
- Low Delay General Audio Coding
The Technical Committee of Studio Practices and Production is currently collaborating with the Producer's and Engineers Wing of the Recording Academy in several areas.
In the area of Master Delivery Recommendations, we support a best-practices document that is released to both the AES and the NARAS constituencies.
Also, we are currently developing high-resolution, surround demonstrations for the upcoming AES Convention in San Francisco in the fall of 2006. These demonstrations will be hands-on with broad interaction between the audiencees and well-known practitioners in the field.
At this moment the TCMA is providing input for workshops, tutorials, etc. to be held in conjunction with society conventions.
- To extend knowledge of audio forensic practice and techniques world-wide
- To identify areas requiring additional research
- To bring together professionals and students in the area of audio forensics
- To encourage publication of papers, and to arrange tutorials, conferences and workshops, within the AES
- To support standards committees on forensic audio via fostering of refereed journal publications
Standards work to produce a modern, workable, and accurate procedure to test and calibrate a sound system is underway as SC-04-08.