1) Tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from and what do you study?
My name is Fryderyk Hoang Dong. I am a graduate of Master's Programme in Sound Engineering in Frederic Chopin University of Music. Right now I relocated to Boston, MA and am pursuing further my education at Berklee College of Music.
2) What initiated your passion for audio? When did it start?
I started out as a musician first. I was always drawn into finding something more and at some point decided on studying the technical side of producing records. I was determined to learn how to work as an engineer and at the same time my passion for sound design started developping.
3) Tell us about production of your submission? What is the story behind it? What inspired it? How long did you work on it? Was it your first entry?
It was the second time I submitted my work for the competition. a year before I received Golden award for the work entitled "Tiny Tortures". This year I sent a video directed and animated by Tony Comley. Personally I really like pandas very much, so I knew right away that I am going to have a lot of fun composing and sound designing for that.
4) What/who made you join AES?
I have always known about AES as it's a great community to be in. You get to meet a lot of professionals and the conventions are really great in terms of networking and getting to know people who work in the industry,
5) Tell us about your favorite experiences at the 145th AES convention in New York!
I actually really enjoyed watching and listening the student competition panel. It is on such a high level every year. Not only you get to see great work done by students all over the world but you also hear very constructive opinion by highly respected people from the industry field.
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019