In This Section
- Open Control Architecture - Part 3: Protocol for TCP/IP Networks; AES70-3-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Open Control Architecture - Part 2: Class structure; AES70-2-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Open Control Architecture - Part 1: Framework; AES70-1-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Audio-over-IP network interoperability; AES67 revision published
SC-03-02 meeting, San Francisco, 2005-05-29
Meeting of the SC-03-02 Working Group on Transfer Technologies of the SC-03 Subcommittee on the Preservation and Restoration of Audio Recording held in Barcelona, Spain, 2005-05-29.The meeting was convened by the chair, L. Gaustad.
The agenda and the report from the previous meeting held in San Francisco, 2004-10-28 were approved as distributed.
Open ProjectsAES-X106 Styli shape and size for transfer of records.
The discussion started by identifying target group, and identifying what the document should give answers to. The target group will mainly be the operating technician as an expert in spe. The document should answer the following questions:
- How do they know which groove they have? and
- When they know, which stylus should they choose?
During the discussion, M. Yonge wrote a skeleton draft which transferred the discussion into a structure for further text. The document will be on the Working Group document site for members to download (x106-skeleton-ptd-050529.doc) and to provide input. The deadline for the first draft is the end of August 2005.
AES-X064 Test methods and materials for archival mechanical media
There was a call for more promotional text to push this forward, focusing on archival ethics and why it is a product that people need when digitising records.
New projects.Under this item the Chair presented his intention to draft a scope on a document concerning optimal signal retrieval, starting with ripping of audio CDs and possibly following it up with other media.
New businessThere was no new business
The next meeting will be in New York in October 2005.