In This Section
- Open Control Architecture - Part 3: Protocol for TCP/IP Networks; AES70-3-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Open Control Architecture - Part 2: Class structure; AES70-2-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Open Control Architecture - Part 1: Framework; AES70-1-xxxx DRAFT proposed for comment
- Audio-over-IP network interoperability; AES67 revision published
October 2002 meeting of SC-06-02
Report of SC-06-02 Working Group on Audio Applications Using the High Performance Serial Bus (IEEE 1394) of the SC-06 Subcommittee on Network and File Transfer of Audio meeting, held in conjunction with the AES 113th Convention, Los Angeles, CA, US, 2002-10-04
Chair J. Strawn convened the meeting.
The agenda and the report of the previous meeting were approved as written.
Maintenance projectsAES24-1-R Review of AES24-1-1998 (Revision of AES24-1-1995) AES standard for sound system control - Application protocol for controlling and monitoring audio devices via digital data networks - Part 1: principles, formats, and basic procedures
No progress was reported.
AES24-2-R Monitoring of progress of AES24-2-tu AES standard for sound system control - Application protocol for controlling and monitoring audio systems - Part 2: class tree
No progress was reported.
AES-X101 Data Type, Properties, and Method Definitions for Audio Device Application Program Interfaces (API)
K. Dalbjorn has written the document now posted to SC-06-02's document site. No objections having been received over the SC-06-02 reflector, the document will be published as a final report (with thanks to Klas), and the project will be retired.
Current projectsAES-X75 IEC Liaison for New Work Project Initiated by Passage of IEC-PAS 61883-6 (1998-06)
Osakabe-san of Sony sent a written report. Yoshio-san of Pioneer reported to the meeting. The highlights are:
- Final Draft for International Standard (FDIS) for IEC 61883-1 Ed.2, 100/557/FDIS was circulated to P-members of IEC TC100. Voting terminates on November 15, 2002.
- IEC 61883-6 voting took place and has been approved. Final IS should be released by the end of 2002 or early 2003.
- 1394TA Specification "A&M DT Protocol 2.1" will probably be proposed by Japan NC to IEC to become a new IEC61883 standard.
- The IEC61883-6 FDIS is available to WG members via the AESSC FTP site.
AES-X126 Professional Audio over 1394
AES-X126 Professional Audio over 1394 is assigned to SC-06-02-G. SC-06-02-G met the same day. A document is being discussed; it will probably be broken into several projects. A telephone conference call will be arranged for early in 2003.
AES-X127: Liaison with IEEE 1394.1
The ballot review committee of 1394.1 has received extensive comments and hopes to review them by the end of the year. S. Harris suggests that a 1394.1 expert present a tutorial on 1394.1 to the WG at the next meeting.
AES-X132 Synchronization of Audio over IEEE 1394
T. Thaler of BridgeCo awaits the final version of 1394.1 before proposing a document.
Other liaison reports1394 TA
A formal project has still not yet been established, JMS will set that in motion.
Fujimori-san of Yamaha gave an overview of the status of the 1394 TA's A&M Protocol version 2.1. The file 1394ta-fujimori-021004.ppt on the SC-06-02 download site has his report. The last slide is especially helpful, it shows the slight differences between versions 2.0 and 2.1 of the A&M Protocol.
New businessK. Dalbjorn initiated a discussion of power over 1394 on the SC-06-02-G reflector that has now been moved to the SC-06-02 reflector. He provided the document X126-DALBJORN-1394b-CAT5e-021001.pdf, which has been uploaded to the SC-06-02 site.
The next meeting is scheduled to be held in conjunction with the AES 114th Convention in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.