In This Section
Comments on DRAFT REVISED
Comments to date on DRAFT REVISED AES31-2-xxxx, AES standard on network and file transfer of audio - Audio-file transfer and exchange - File format for transferring digital audio data between systems of different type and manufacture,
published 2012-12-03 for comment.
The comment period has closed.
Comment received from Hedd Morfett-Jones, 2012-12-03
Some editorial comments:
- B.5 and B.16 are references to the same edition of the same document. Ref 5 is formatted inconsistently with the rest of the references.
- E.3.1 SMPTE S320M-1999 reference includes a spurious closing quote mark.
- G.1 last paragraph has been split in two with a newline between 'bext' and the closing quote mark.
- J.2 and J.3 include changes in font size around references to "R 128".
- J.2 and J.3 are inconsistent in their formatting of titles of references (italic?)
- (trivial) In clause 2 there is inconsistency over whether the semicolon in references should be bold, and the length of punctuation dashes is en-dash in the first two titles and only hyphens in the last one.
Response from Secretariat
Thank you, Hedd,
- Agreed. This appears to have come from merging the informative references of the original document and the amendment 1 of 2008. I'll delete B.16 and correct any references in the main text.
- Agreed - Times New Roman 11-point type should be 10-point. Well spotted.
- In J.2 the presentation of the title of R128 in italics is correct. Format needs to be the same for the following two documents listed. Ditto J.3.
- Normally these semicolons (clause 2) should be plain not bold.
AESSC policy for standards documents is to use plain hyphens throughout. Though nice to look at, n-dashes and m-dashes don't translate to or from ASCII gracefully and make building of web derivatives and on-line databases unnecessarily difficult. Occasionally they appear through copy & paste operations from other sources. These will be checked and corrected as necessary.