Meeting Topic: 2'nd Meeting of the Taiwan Section Executive Committee 2019
Moderator Name: Chwei-Ching Yeh
Speaker Name: Chien-Hsun Yen
Other business or activities at the meeting:
1. Update on 1'st Audio Achievement Award
1-1 Award Category : (1) Audio Achievement Award (2) Contribution Award (3)
Special Jury Award
1-2 Registration deadline: June 30, 2019
1-3 Received Works / Projects from 3 of the 8 Working Groups , which is
Recording Technology and Practices / Sound Design / Analog Reproduction
1-4 Works and Projects will be judged by presidium and professional members.
1-5 Result Announcement and Award Ceremony will be held on Annual meeting of
Nov 23, 2019.
2. Re-election schedule
- 2019/10/08 to allow everyone to register or recommend the candidates for the
- 2019/10/19 approving the list of candidates for the presidium, and announce to
vote online for two weeks
- 2019/11/02 to end the election of the presidium and current chairman
announces the list of elected members.
- 2019/11/03 deadline of Supervisor candidate registration
- 2019/11/08 announce list of candidates for Supervisors
- 2019/11/23 section annual meeting , finalise list of Standing directors and
- Chair: Paul Fang ? Yun-Chih Chang
- Vice Chair: Micky Yang ?Paul Wang
- Secretary: Chien-Hsun Yen
- Treasurer: Ing-chyang Lin ?Huan Lung Huang
- Chief Tech Officer : to be recommended by Executive Committee
- Vice Secretary (new position) : to be recommended by Secretary
3. Further issues
3-1 S4 Recording Project : try to start with chamber music.
3-2 Audio Achievement Award : This is a distinguishing mark for Taiwan section.
It's considered to accept registration from non-members next session, in
order to encourage professionals and expand Taiwan section's influence in
3-3 Sustainable business plan :
- Members to recommend professional books about basic acoustics, recording
equipment, recording technology, mixing principle and industrial history... and
so on , then make a database of "AES Recommended Bibliography" to share
and help those who are studying audio knowledge as well as skill.
- Handwritten records for S4 Recording Project
- More Communications and output from 8 Working Groups
- To provide audio manufacturer with audio measurement and analysis
- To update Taiwan section's website to enrich with relevant working experience
? new equipment information and workshop contents sharing for both member
3-4 It's under consideration whether section meetings and activities are open to
the general public. If so, that will help AES and Taiwan section to enhance the
reputation as well as increase income.
4. Planning Topics
- Knowledge about Vinyl
- Basic training in Sound Science
- Sound Design for Game
- Audio Measurement
- Information about Amplifier
- In-car audio and video entertainment , audio chip , single-chip IP
- Pop Music History in Taiwan
- TV Soundtrack
- Movie Sound Design
5. Other Issues
To add "Basic research and development group" (Basic training in
Sound Science) as the 9th group in Working Group.
Meeting Location: Taipei Taiwan
Written By: Hsiao-Yu Hsu