Meeting Topic: First AES Meeting Fall 2018
Moderator Name: Noah Steinberg
Other business or activities at the meeting: elections held, member introductions, talked of upcoming AES convention, on-campus studio tutorials, first talks of creating a Syracuse recording competition
Meeting Location: Syracuse University
Elections were held today! Your AES officers are:
• President Noah Steinberg
• Vice President Andrew Garces
• Treasurer Nathan Bostick
• Secretary Patricia Magliaro
If you weren't at the meeting, please send me your email address, phone number, and answer the following questions to me:
• Will you be attending the AES Convention in NYC this year?
• Do you have a car? If so, are you willing to drive members to the NYC area for the convention?
A few members of AES (myself included) live in the NYC area and are willing to house people for the convention if needed.
Subscribe to AES! Information is here: http://www.aes.org/students/benefits/
There's a $50 student membership fee, but included in this is free plugins, software, tutorials, subscriptions to other services, and more.
You must subscribe as a student to the international AES organization to be a member of the SU AES Chapter.
Talked about the AES Convention at Javit's Center in NYC
Dates are October 17-20
Prices are as follows:
• Four Day All Access Pass: $145
• Two Day All Access Pass: $100
• One Day All Access Pass: $50
More information on the convention can be found here: http://www.aes.org/events/145/
During the convention there will be an SU Alumni Dinner!
• This will be at the Porchlight Bar (close to the Javit's Center)
• On Friday October 19 @ 6:00pm
There will be several SU alumni from the Audio Art & MUI programs. This will be a great opportunity for internship opportunities and making industry connections.
In the near future there will be a Belfer Studio tutorial for AES members and SRT/AA students. With all of the new upgrades in that studio, we want all members to be updated on how the technology we have works and ways to incorporate that into your workflow.
We talked about other potential AES events, including:
• A seminar lead by multi-Grammy winning engineer Michael Brauer
• An SU Student Recording Competition, where students on campus submit recorded works and then anonymously vote on which one they like best
• An SU student recording workshop/screening, where members would get together in Belfer/AUX Belfer and give advice on each other's projects
Written By: Noah K Steinberg